The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Qa / testing
Old 18th December 2019
Lives for gear

Qa / testing

Hi

Most synths seem to come out full of bugs , lack of actual QA processes are being replaced by sending devices to influencers .

Can you confirm no features will be missing , broken or so obviously untested that the forums fill up with complaints from day1.
I know this might sound negative , but your device is high end, sounds good right now , but so do other devices that come out, some of which barely sync and function on release.

Good luck with the release.
Old 18th December 2019
Special Guest

Hi,

Sounds like you may have had a bad experience in the past, I'm sorry if this is the case. With any complex product there are likely to be some quirks/omissions. Part of what you are describing is a possibly a product of modern working methods borrowed from software development lands. The phrase "minimum viable product" springs to mind. Naturally as a hardware company we have to be more grounded!

Whilst we are doing our best, we cannot guarantee that some user experience exposes a software flaw we did not find. This is largely because with a complex instrument like this, customers will configure and use it in ways we as designers may not have imagined. In practice in engineering this is nearly always the case and is mitigated to greater and lesser extents by the robustness of the processes at the manufacturers/designers.

If we find validated reports of problems with a product we raise an internal process for dealing with it. Sometimes in practice some guidance or read of a manual can solve problems, sometimes a firmware update.

We would of course love never to have to update the firmware! We have had hardware with us for many months now and have been genuinely exercising it. My machine has travelled extensively now. We have a reasonable sample of units 'doing the rounds' in addition to our own test units and a dedicated reporting platform for our test group. We have internal processes for development and test and have at least tried to approach the project with some of the rigour that I have been used to designing medical devices and avionics in the past.

Hopefully my response is not seen too much of a compromise between realism and the ideal!

Kind regards, George
Old 18th December 2019
Lives for gear

Thanks for the reply.. perhaps your background in f1/high precision engineering will also have helped to avoid hardware issues and any delays would hopefully show an attention to detail.

Yes.. I’ve bought a few boxes that were MVP, none of the issues came up in previews by respected online websites so I’ve become more cautious.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear