The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Talk to us about MPE
Old 16th December 2019
Lives for gear

Talk to us about MPE

In some of the initial Synthfest video demos, there was a mention of MPE being implemented. Can you comment on that please?
Old 17th December 2019
Lives for gear

MPE implementation

Hi George,

Thanks for your efforts to bring what looks like an impressive synth! I’m excited to see the beautiful blue version sitting in my studio!

I remember hearing that some functionality will still be developed after initial release. Will the MPE be fully realized upon release or a work in progress as it were.

Can you please elaborate on the MPE implementation. If possible, how does one assign Timbre or Y axis (cc#74) to specific parameters?
Old 17th December 2019
Special Guest

Hi guys,

The synth responds to;
Press velocity
Release Velocity
Poly pressure
Poly bend
Poly expression ('Timbre', 'Y' axis)

These are the '5 dimensions' referred to by Roli, and similar terms from other manufacturers controllers

In the case of Poly expression, this is mapped through the expression pedal channel in the modulation matrix of the synth so can be routed to a number of destinations.

We are hoping we will implement all features on release. In the event there are features still be be completed, they will be available with an easy firmware update rapidly afterwards.
Old 18th December 2019
Lives for gear

There are times I might control this synth with the Expressive E Osmose so their interactions will be very interesting.
Old 19th December 2019 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pounce View Post
There are times I might control this synth with the Expressive E Osmose so their interactions will be very interesting.
Same for me
📝 Reply