The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
More Than 64 Presets?
Old 16th December 2019
Lives for gear

More Than 64 Presets?

Where did UDO wind up on potentially doubling the number of possible presets?
Old 17th December 2019
Special Guest

We've doubled the physical memory!

We are still deliberating on how to unlock the second set of 8 banks from a user perspective. Any good suggestions here welcome, for example, we could hold down a bank button at power up, or pres bank buttons "A-B-C" together or something along these lines
Old 17th December 2019
Pip
Lives for gear

George can you not get the shift key in action? A power up solution would only give you access to 64 presets per power up?
Old 17th December 2019
M32
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Hearn View Post

We are still deliberating on how to unlock the second set of 8 banks from a user perspective. Any good suggestions here welcome, for example, we could hold down a bank button at power up, or pres bank buttons "A-B-C" together or something along these lines
So far, all reply's have been more than I could've hoped for, kudos. Would just like to chip in that a way to acces banks that doesn't require a reboot would be very much preferable. ABC together seems fine
Old 17th December 2019
Lives for gear

Too bad that the preset management is not really optimal. Especially with a synth where you can obviously invent a lot of great sounds, it would be great to have a kind of "quick snapshot" function - similar to the Moog 1.
Old 17th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
I’m not sure a power-up solution is particularly good, if I’m honest. How about you just double-tap the bank button to enter A2 and the light would then blink instead of being constant?

Just a thought.
Old 17th December 2019
Lives for gear

How about holding down the bank/preset button and using the mod wheel left/right?
Old 17th December 2019
Lives for gear

How about shift+the button labelled patch right next to it to toggle between the sets?
Old 17th December 2019
Lives for gear

And you could use an 'inverted LED' strategy for indicating that the user is int he 2nd set of banks. ie when in first set, bank A, LED for button A is lit, others are unlit. When in 2nd set of banks, bank A, bank A LED is unlit and LEDS B-H are lit. When in 2nd set of banks, bank B, B is unlit, A and C-H are lit etc etc.
Old 18th December 2019
Special Guest

I quite like the double click idea on the bank button that then flashes it. That way the second group might be selected for only one bank location. Feelings?
Old 18th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
I quite like the double click idea on the bank button that then flashes it. That way the second group might be selected for only one bank location. Feelings?
Warm and fuzzy.
Old 18th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'd be quite happy with this so long as the timing of the double click is suitably lenient. Or even the additional ability to single click again on a bank thats already selected to go to its flashy second set?
Old 18th December 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
???
Old 19th December 2019
Pip
Lives for gear

Feelings on that are good George - although I’d still like even more storage space, let’s be honest when you are demo, loads of great sounds just pop out - kudos, but were are we going to store an afternoon’s noodlings?
Old 19th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pip View Post
Feelings on that are good George - although I’d still like even more storage space, let’s be honest when you are demo, loads of great sounds just pop out - kudos, but were are we going to store an afternoon’s noodlings?
Double click the patch button for additional patches too?

So...

A-H, 1-8 (normal)
A[A]-H[H], 1-8 (double bank click)
A-H, 1[1]-8[8] (double patch click)
A[A]-H[H], 1[1]-8[8] (double bank & patch click)

That’d give 256 possible patches from the available buttons.
Old 19th December 2019
Pip
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by markodarko View Post
Double click the patch button for additional patches too?

So...

A-H, 1-8 (normal)
A[A]-H[H], 1-8 (double bank click)
A-H, 1[1]-8[8] (double patch click)
A[A]-H[H], 1[1]-8[8] (double bank & patch click)

That’d give 256 possible patches from the available buttons.
I like the sound of that.
Old 19th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pip View Post
I like the sound of that.
Cool. Let’s see what @ George Hearn thinks of this. Obviously we’d need flashing lights on the patch buttons too if they’re double clicked, but I’m sure a team of their calibre can pull that off no problem.

Old 19th December 2019
Gear Maniac

On my Accelerator, you can name patches and use the synth keyboard with each key representing a letter or other character. This is a very efficient and simple way to get a lot of choices.

So, you can implement bank and patch selection in a similar way.
Press a bank button and a key in first octave gives you 12 banks
Press a patch button and a key gives you 49 patches by bank
12x49 = almost 500 patches

The advantage is also that with 12 banks you can almost organize them by categories. Just need to remember whch bank contains which style ;-)
Old 19th December 2019
Gear Head

Honestly, I think that 256 is the absolute minimum.
Old 20th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:

Definitely not on Power Up, please.

It needs to work on the fly, during operation, IMO.

Thanks.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search