The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sequencer: Non-player friendly?
Old 15th December 2019
Gear Maniac

Sequencer: Non-player friendly?

For those not so good at playing keys. That includes me. I usually use software to program chords and melodies and then send it to my synths via MIDI.

I know the Super 6 will come equipped with a sequencer and an arpeggiator. Can you elaborate a bit more? I would like to know if it's somehow possible to program melodic sequences without having to play 'on the fly'. Through step sequencing perhaps.
Old 18th December 2019
Special Guest

Quote:
I know the Super 6 will come equipped with a sequencer and an arpeggiator. Can you elaborate a bit more? I would like to know if it's somehow possible to program melodic sequences without having to play 'on the fly'.
Through step sequencing perhaps.

Good to check out some of my apreggiated playing this video, starts 15:00, you will see I hardly press any notes and it sounds pretty cool to me at least. Maybe like you I am not a virtuoso keys player either, probably why I like this synth!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahPuoA-NeeQ

The sequencer is step, rest, slide, accent. It's polyphonic and has up to 64 steps. really good for programming little riff ideas. The keys can transpose the sequence too and you can swing the timing
Old 18th December 2019 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Hearn View Post
>>I know the Super 6 will come equipped with a sequencer and an arpeggiator. Can you elaborate a bit more? I would like to know if it's somehow possible to program >>melodic sequences without having to play 'on the fly'. Through step sequencing perhaps.

Good to check out some of my apreggiated playing this video, starts 15:00, you will see I hardly press any notes and it sounds pretty cool to me at least. Maybe like you I am not a virtuoso keys player either, probably why I like this synth!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahPuoA-NeeQ

The sequencer is step, rest, slide, accent. It's polyphonic and has up to 64 steps. really good for programming little riff ideas. The keys can transpose the sequence too and you can swing the timing
Excellent. Thanks
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear