The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Future UDO products
Old 14th December 2019
Lives for gear

Future UDO products

Hello

The Super 6 will be out soon. Mine has been pre-ordered for some time. I’m really looking forward to having a Super 6 in my rig. I like it’s looks and sound and love what I gather about the UDO philosophy with respect to how interfacing with gear effects your experience with it (and results from it).

Are there any aspects of the UDO roadmap you can talk about? More synths? Effects? Where would you (George Hearn) like UDO to be in 5 years time? It seems like UDO has a focus and philosophy so I expect future products will be smartly motivated and realized. I’d love to hear anything about UDOs possible future that you are comfortable talking about.
Old 17th December 2019
Special Guest

Thanks Paul for your enthusiasm and really great question actually.

In 5 years time I would like to see UDO with 5 products on the market all based around the cornerstone concept of powerful and accessible instruments. Our philosophy of embodying great sound, engineering & design seems like marketing fluff but I can promise there is some real thought behind it. The Super 6 is an instrument that can be learned and can be played. The panel controls are part of the instrument itself and are immediate, responsive and smooth. I hope the Super 6 will look great tatty and scuffed in 30 years time in a vintage music equipment shop and hold its own next to more traditional instruments that retain their value such as guitars.

The new products from UDO should all embody this. They are instruments first, they are yours to learn and will reward you by not interrupting your 'flow' and allowing you to get to 'your' sound quickly and joyously. I cringe a bit saying this but hopefully if you see me play it you can see where I am coming from.

I can't give away our complete road map, an in fact we have some thinking to do as to its refinements but all our instruments will be 'playable', immediate, fun great sounding and built to last, with a real emphasis on 'performance'. This doesn't mean necessarily standing in front of an audience, but can you play and lose yourself and get deep enjoyment from our products? I think you really can with the Super 6 and this is the thread we will carry through to our next products.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear