The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Super 6 inspiration
Old 13th December 2019
Super 6 inspiration

Hi, really nice synth, can't wait to try it ! Would like to know what synths inspired you to create the Super 6 ? Thanks !
Old 17th December 2019
Special Guest

Hi and thanks for your enthusiasm. I started going to raves in Hampshire UK the mid 90's actually (when I was far too young!), back then analogue was still at a 'low' period and instruments like the TB-303, Roland SH's etc. had been snapped up by alternative & underground producers in the years before and were a fundamental part of the electric sound of the music I was dancing to. I first got exposed to electronic music when I heard the Prodigy Experience at school in 1993, at that point I didn't know what to make of it but got a copy of Add (N) to (X) On the Wires of Our Nerves later and from that point I knew I had found my sound. I started producing and first had a Roland JP8000 then Sequential Pro-One, SH-101 and always wanted a Jupiter 8, pretty much from the day I got the JP8000 and realised there was further one could go with the raw quality of the sound. I was heavily inspired in the Super 6 by Roland's classic SH, Jupiter and Juno range, but only in terms of look and UI. For sound, I think the synth fits more in the American tradition of Moog and Sequential. There are so many influences, it is like the Super 6 has been cooked up from many great elements of classic synthesisers, not a pastiche I hope but rather a 'homage'
Old 17th December 2019 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Hearn View Post
Hi and thanks for your enthusiasm. I started going to raves in Hampshire UK the mid 90's actually (when I was far too young!), back then analogue was still at a 'low' period and instruments like the TB-303, Roland SH's etc. had been snapped up by alternative & underground producers in the years before and were a fundamental part of the electric sound of the music I was dancing to. I first got exposed to electronic music when I heard the Prodigy Experience at school in 1993, at that point I didn't know what to make of it but got a copy of Add (N) to (X) On the Wires of Our Nerves later and from that point I knew I had found my sound. I started producing and first had a Roland JP8000 then Sequential Pro-One, SH-101 and always wanted a Jupiter 8, pretty much from the day I got the JP8000 and realised there was further one could go with the raw quality of the sound. I was heavily inspired in the Super 6 by Roland's classic SH, Jupiter and Juno range, but only in terms of look and UI. For sound, I think the synth fits more in the American tradition of Moog and Sequential. There are so many influences, it is like the Super 6 has been cooked up from many great elements of classic synthesisers, not a pastiche I hope but rather a 'homage'
Was just thinking the other day how the Super 6 would've really fitted in well with the early rave scene. Makes sense you were inspired by the synths of that era
📝 Reply