The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tommy, if you could say one thing....
Old 26th October 2009
Lives for gear

Tommy, if you could say one thing....

First, thanks for doing this.

Since you are an icon to many drummers for decades now, when drummers go into the studio, what do you feel is the most important thing for them to concentrate on?

Just wondering, as this is great opportunity, and I'm sure many people would love to know your answer (myself included!)

Also, thanks for the great music. "Shout" is big part of the reason I am a producer now.
Old 2nd November 2009
special guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal Device View Post
First, thanks for doing this.

Since you are an icon to many drummers for decades now, when drummers go into the studio, what do you feel is the most important thing for them to concentrate on?

Just wondering, as this is great opportunity, and I'm sure many people would love to know your answer (myself included!)

Also, thanks for the great music. "Shout" is big part of the reason I am a producer now.
I think the MOST important thing to focus on is....feel...does what your playing make the track feel good??....is it pulling it down or making it rip??
tuning,not OVER-playing...thats the worst...one of my favorite things to do is play to a vocal only track and really work with its syncopation and marry the two together!!

T
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search