The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Q+A with Tchad Blake

Options
Views: 6,856
24th November 2017
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

End of a month and I'm very sorry for some of the questions left unanswered. Some very specific ones where I could not find the...

tchadb
replies: 20 views: 40,408
jchadstopherhuez 27th May 2007

Apologies if this has already been asked -- haven't seen it... But I'm hoping before you get back to your busy life of...

DeBasement
replies: 4 views: 33,097
DeBasement 27th May 2007

I read in an interview with a masteringengineer, if he gets a mix from Andy Wallace, he has to make it 1 or 2 dB louder and just...

George Necola
replies: 7 views: 28,759
tchadb 26th May 2007

Hi Tchad and thanks so much for taking the time to do this! I was wondering if you could give us a breif run through your life...

tho_dk
replies: 5 views: 21,717
tchadb 26th May 2007

hi Tchad I like the sound on the Globe Sessions CD.What sound am i hearing.Is it Neve or Api or ??? What did you do on that...

mikey
replies: 3 views: 16,598
tchadb 26th May 2007

Hey Tchad - thanks for the hang! Any tips you can provide for getting the lead vocal to "sit" at a good level in the...

toddro
replies: 3 views: 29,879
Paul Woodlock 26th May 2007

TB, i have a couple simple questions that hopefully wont be too painful. 1. at what sample rate do you record? 2. when...

skybluerental
replies: 10 views: 17,861
Drumsound 25th May 2007

sorry if this has been asked already but i am curious how much time you spend mixing stuff like Neil Finn or Peter Gabriel -...

joninc
replies: 1 views: 18,125
tchadb 25th May 2007

Tchad, Just wondering what you do to de-esse in the box? Thanks in advance btw. cheers

DC2Light
replies: 3 views: 19,145
tchadb 25th May 2007

Tchad, it's been very inpirational having you answer questions here on the forum this month. thanks for doing it! just wanted...

travista00
replies: 0 views: 12,981
travista00 25th May 2007

Hi Tchad, Years ago, Danny Kopelson put LOS LOBOS Colossol Head on the "mains" in the studio, and that is STILL my...

mu-tron-kid
replies: 2 views: 13,096
mu-tron-kid 24th May 2007

Hi Tchad ! Browsed your section but couldn't find the question (and cant imagine that no-body here didn't ask?) so here it...

santibanks
replies: 2 views: 15,421
santibanks 24th May 2007

My last question might be uncomfortable for you to answer. You're obviously a humble, non-self-aggrandizing guy: Are you...

Silver Sonya
replies: 1 views: 13,676
tchadb 24th May 2007

This has been a great month. Sunday will be the last day to post a question in his Q&A forum. Many thanks to Tchad and all...

Jules
replies: 0 views: 8,622
Jules 24th May 2007

You engineered and mixed American Music Club's Mercury album. That is an amazing recording; at this moment I'd say the best album...

nuemes
replies: 13 views: 13,052
paterno 24th May 2007

Hey there, I saw you mention KC as an influence. I've always been amazed by the Red album and its thick, heavy syrupy sound. ...

thechrisl
replies: 1 views: 14,832
tchadb 23rd May 2007

Hi Tchad, Other than 'how do I get your job' my main questions would be regarding binaural recording. How did you start...

octatonic
replies: 25 views: 25,319
C/G 23rd May 2007

As you have so patiently ansvered all my questions so far!! gooof I have another one about you being credited on Peter Gabriels...

MortenDK
replies: 1 views: 13,198
tchadb 23rd May 2007

Hey tchad. How are you doing? So this friend of mine said that the percussion -type loop on the front of "rest of the day...

Justynfromnz
replies: 1 views: 12,822
tchadb 23rd May 2007

Hi, you may find the following interview (2005) with Tchad of interest: Engineer/Producer Tchad Blake: Living in the Real...

beyarecords
replies: 0 views: 12,509
beyarecords 23rd May 2007

hi tschad how can we book you for a mix? thx

pete
replies: 7 views: 12,621
tchadb 23rd May 2007

Hello Tchad, I have a quick question about what instruments are being used on the Los Lobos song Kiko. If I rember correctly,...

jason poff
replies: 2 views: 10,240
toomanyorgans 23rd May 2007

Moved: Midi

mixc8
replies: - views: -
mixc8 23rd May 2007

hi tchad, great to have you here My question(s) pertain to your philosophy of recording drums in a small room. I too have been...

matt thomas
replies: 18 views: 42,511
tchadb 22nd May 2007

Hi Tchad, its always great to hear you. I wonder why nobody asked about the famous Ahuja-PA? Do you still use it ? Thanks...

Kardoso
replies: 17 views: 12,643
tchadb 22nd May 2007

Wondering if you might talk a little about the making of the 2nd Sheryl Crow record. I always liked the attitude/vibe of that...

OKden
replies: 16 views: 16,354
big country 22nd May 2007

As an engineer, what is important to you? It's clear from many of your answers that you're comfortable with lots of different...

Mike Caffrey
replies: 23 views: 17,362
Mike Caffrey 22nd May 2007

Pardon me if this has been covered somewhere. I did see someone ask about it, but I'm particularly curious about certain aspects...

kansascitydon
replies: 2 views: 12,847
wm_b 22nd May 2007

Hello Tchad, I'm not trying to figure out what comps you use where and on what. Rather I'd love to know when you use additive...

Local 47
replies: 5 views: 18,841
tchadb 22nd May 2007

These Bad Plus recordings blow me away. The upright and drums sound clear and present yet dense and surprisingly deep compared to...

Frog
replies: 27 views: 23,365
tchadb 22nd May 2007

Hey thanks for doing this Tchad. What's your ideology on panning? Are you a L-C-R only guy, a "never hard pan" guy,...

briefcasemanx
replies: 7 views: 18,308
tchadb 21st May 2007

Hi Tchad. Thanks for doing this! I have just a quickie about Sia Furler's album and especially that Piano intro on...

Anderson
replies: 3 views: 10,929
tchadb 21st May 2007

Hey Tchad My name is Morten, I have a question for you about the choir treatment on Wartime Prayer on Paul Simons Surprise...

MortenDK
replies: 10 views: 10,294
tchadb 21st May 2007

Hello Mr Tchad, Thank you very much for being on the forum with us. I have been reading most of your posts to learn and I...

Nama
replies: 3 views: 15,654
tchadb 19th May 2007

Hi Tchad, in the Bomb Factory manual for the PSA-1 plug-in you state that putting a kick drum thru a Sans Amp pedal while...

doorknocker
replies: 26 views: 33,286
Local 47 19th May 2007

Hey Tchad, Firstly, Thanks Again! We all appreciate your time very much. My question is, do you have any vocal effects or...

replies: 11 views: 24,283
tchadb 18th May 2007

Hello Tchad, when mixing, do (and did) you take the time to start from scratch every time? Setup-wise I mean. Like, one session...

Local 47
replies: 1 views: 11,086
tchadb 18th May 2007

hey tchad, can you share some tricks you used on the track - "sexy asshole" by brazilian girls? i love the way all...

tranter
replies: 2 views: 12,303
bjonesAAB 18th May 2007

Tchad, Can you talk a little bit about working on the Phish CD that you produced with them? I saw the Video of the album making...

MJGreene Audio
replies: 12 views: 14,653
Jay Kahrs 18th May 2007

I'm driving the other day listening to one of my all time favorite albums, Martinis and Bikinis when it hits me, you're doing...

Lee Knight
replies: 2 views: 11,184
kansascitydon 18th May 2007

Hi Tchad, I luckily found one of these units in storage at my parents place and I'm going to give it a whirl. I searched...

joey raia
replies: 4 views: 13,633
Nigel Jopson 17th May 2007

"Reva's House" from Kiko has a pair of the greatest guitar tracks in many years. Left and right channels play the...

vodka gimli
replies: 1 views: 9,100
tchadb 17th May 2007

Hello Mr Blake, Strawberry Blonde from Ron Sexsmith's Other Songs is one of my favorite recordings. Can you give any insight...

T. Morgan
replies: 4 views: 10,418
tchadb 17th May 2007

As I wrote in an earlier post, I spent a couple of days watching you and Mitchell work at the Magic Shop almost a decade ago. I...

Silver Sonya
replies: 3 views: 10,736
tchadb 17th May 2007

Tchad- First off, I want to say thanks for doing this forum. I have lurked on this board for a while, but never felt...

Bobby McKnobby
replies: 3 views: 10,215
tchadb 17th May 2007

HI Tchad, you mentioned in another thread that you are starting to mix a lot more in the box because you're learning how...

Prickstein
replies: 46 views: 35,089
Nerdyrocker 16th May 2007

1.) do you listen loudly or quietly when you are mixing? or a mixture? 2.) do you do a lot of volume rides on individual...

bryancook
replies: 1 views: 13,077
tchadb 16th May 2007

Hello Tchad! Really love your work. Stina Nordenstam's latest are a masterpiece. Have you tried the THC distortion from...

Svein
replies: 1 views: 13,680
tchadb 15th May 2007

Hi Tchad, Saw Foy Vance play the other night & was blown away - he played some stuff from the new record which was, as you...

MR4791
replies: 1 views: 10,868
tchadb 15th May 2007

Concerning the album by Suzanne Vega - 99.9 1. What was Susan's vocal chain for this album? 2. What type of deck and tape...

bcgood
replies: 8 views: 10,018
bcgood 15th May 2007
Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search