The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
is there a typical length of time for mix? Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 25th May 2007
Gear Addict

is there a typical length of time for mix?

sorry if this has been asked already but i am curious how much time you spend mixing stuff like Neil Finn or Peter Gabriel - where there might be a lot of elements flying around etc...

1 song a day? i am sure it varies but some insight would be appreciated.

thanks again for doing this - it's been a great pleasure to read through your responses and your honestly and humility is very refreshing. (your work already was!)

all the best -

jonathan

ps - anyone selling a sansamp classic?
Old 25th May 2007
mongrell mixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joninc View Post
sorry if this has been asked already but i am curious how much time you spend mixing stuff like Neil Finn or Peter Gabriel - where there might be a lot of elements flying around etc...

1 song a day? i am sure it varies but some insight would be appreciated.

thanks again for doing this - it's been a great pleasure to read through your responses and your honestly and humility is very refreshing. (your work already was!)

all the best -

jonathan

ps - anyone selling a sansamp classic?
THX.
Anywhere from 2 per day- 1 in two days.
I mixed 2 State radio songs yesterday. Neil averaged 1 per day. With Peter there was recording and arranging involved so that was 2- 5 days per song.
Let's get something straight, I'm not humble. I like what I do the way I do it, and I'm not afraid to say it. I'm aware that what I do is not for everyone and suprised that anyone wants to know about it, but after this experience in the forum I'm happy they do and it's made me feel good to think I can help. Purely selfish endeavor. I feel I'm the one coming away with more.
Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search