The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Just a bit more on additive compression :-)
Old 27th April 2007
Gear Head

Just a bit more on additive compression :-)

Hi Tchad

Additive compression seems to be a great part of your sound... I have just a couple more questions on the subject:

1 On records that you both record and mix, is there any system to wether you apply the additive compression during tracking or during mixing?
2 Are there any instruments that you normally would'nt additive compress ? If yes, why?

Thanks again so much :-)

Best regards
Thomas
Old 27th April 2007
mongrell mixer

additive compression

Quote:
Originally Posted by tho_dk View Post
Hi Tchad

Additive compression seems to be a great part of your sound... I have just a couple more questions on the subject:

1 On records that you both record and mix, is there any system to wether you apply the additive compression during tracking or during mixing?
2 Are there any instruments that you normally would'nt additive compress ? If yes, why?

Thanks again so much :-)

Best regards
Thomas
With tape I would monitor the OH compression but not print it if I knew we needed tracks. In that case I'd recall it in the mix. With PTools I can print all from the start.
Mainly drums, I compress gtrs and vocal normally because they don't seem to suffer the same loss of air, dynamics and width drums do when you smash them.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search