The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Reverb reverb everb verb erb
Old 26th April 2007
Gear Nut

Reverb reverb everb verb erb

Hello Tchad,
most of the albums I have (that you mixed) don't sound like there's a lot of verb going on: are you ever using classic reverb boxes like a 480, TC verbs?
On the other side, when I listen to some of the Los Lobos stuff you did (Cumbia Raza, Corazon, Maricela) it seems like there's quite a bit of verb on electric guitars? (Maybe even on horns?) Or is that verb coming off the amps?
Thank You, Doug
Old 26th April 2007
mongrell mixer

Verb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local 47 View Post
Hello Tchad,
most of the albums I have (that you mixed) don't sound like there's a lot of verb going on: are you ever using classic reverb boxes like a 480, TC verbs?
On the other side, when I listen to some of the Los Lobos stuff you did (Cumbia Raza, Corazon, Maricela) it seems like there's quite a bit of verb on electric guitars? (Maybe even on horns?) Or is that verb coming off the amps?
Thank You, Doug
Probably off the amps. I don't remember adding any but maybe jp will remember.
I don't often use verb. Not that I don't like it, but it's a way of being a little different and I've found other things that create that same sense of space.
Distortion, compression, delay.
I do occasionally use Altiverb though. Amazing.
Old 26th April 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchad blake View Post
Probably off the amps. I don't remember adding any but maybe jp will remember.
I don't often use verb. Not that I don't like it, but it's a way of being a little different and I've found other things that create that same sense of space.
Distortion, compression, delay.
I do occasionally use Altiverb though. Amazing.
I wasn't around for 'This Time', but I'm pretty sure any use of reverb around the 'Colossal Head' time was very minimal or none. I think I used to joke with Tchad when there was an actual reverb hooked up at all! Reverb on the sax or flute is probably the sound of the bathroom that they were tracked in, although with 'Maricela' solo section was recorded in the main room at Sound Factory B. I just listened to that track, and I'm not really hearing any reverb on it. Any reverb that may have ended up on guitar amps was, as Tchad said, coming out of the amp at the time.

Cheers,
John
Old 27th April 2007
mongrell mixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paterno View Post
I wasn't around for 'This Time', but I'm pretty sure any use of reverb around the 'Colossal Head' time was very minimal or none. I think I used to joke with Tchad when there was an actual reverb hooked up at all! Reverb on the sax or flute is probably the sound of the bathroom that they were tracked in, although with 'Maricela' solo section was recorded in the main room at Sound Factory B. I just listened to that track, and I'm not really hearing any reverb on it. Any reverb that may have ended up on guitar amps was, as Tchad said, coming out of the amp at the time.

Cheers,
John
THX JP
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search