The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
The Beatles
Old 26th April 2007
Gear Nut

The Beatles

Hi Tchad,
this is not really a question, rather a comment: I'm a huge Beatles fan and every time I listen back to "Abbey Road", I'm thinking you (or your dad?) must have mixed the record.
Uh, well maybe this is a question after all: was the sound of (the later) Beatles albums something you liked enough to let it sip through in your own mixes? Like drums sound? guitar placement? Panning?
Thank You, Doug
Old 26th April 2007
mongrell mixer

beatles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local 47 View Post
Hi Tchad,
this is not really a question, rather a comment: I'm a huge Beatles fan and every time I listen back to "Abbey Road", I'm thinking you (or your dad?) must have mixed the record.
Uh, well maybe this is a question after all: was the sound of (the later) Beatles albums something you liked enough to let it sip through in your own mixes? Like drums sound? guitar placement? Panning?
Thank You, Doug
I am flattered. Thank you.
Sure I'm influenced. "Come Together", f&*% me. That's a S O U N D. And The White Album?....... great fodder for production/mix ideas.
Also Hendrix, mid King Crimson, Van der Graaf Generator, Peter Hammill solo, Kevin Ayers, Fred Frith, Cafe Jacque, Betty Davis, early Robert Palmer, early Rod Stewart, Robert Wyatt, Miles Davis, Kanda Bongo Man (w/ Diblo Dibala), Todd Rundgren, the Bhundu Boys, Orchestra Baobab,...... ah... to much to mention. And that's JUST the old stuff.
Old 26th April 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchad blake View Post
And that's JUST the old stuff.
OK, well how 'bout some new stuff, and then I'll go to Amoeba and give them lots of money!

Huge fan of your work, and I always felt guilty asking JP "What did TB do on this?" Though I remember the inspiration I felt when I saw John's engineering credit on Cesar Rosas' record. Seeing an assistant to a great engineer become a great engineer himself made me work harder as an assistant. Your work makes me work harder as an engineer!

Thanks for making real records!

Ryan Hewitt
Old 27th April 2007
mongrell mixer

That's the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allaccess View Post
OK, well how 'bout some new stuff, and then I'll go to Amoeba and give them lots of money!

Huge fan of your work, and I always felt guilty asking JP "What did TB do on this?" Though I remember the inspiration I felt when I saw John's engineering credit on Cesar Rosas' record. Seeing an assistant to a great engineer become a great engineer himself made me work harder as an assistant. Your work makes me work harder as an engineer!

Thanks for making real records!

Ryan Hewitt
That's the best. THX for that.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search