The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
jack cameron / stina nordenstam
Old 23rd April 2007
Here for the gear

jack cameron / stina nordenstam

hi tchad,

i'm pete, i played some of the guitars on the jack cameron (rubinacci) album a couple of years back.

first of all i just wanted to say that it was an honour to work with you and such an educational experience.

second, i wanted to thank you for introducing me to the music of stina nordenstam on my last night at the studio. 'the world is saved' has since become one of my favourite albums.
i wanted to ask a couple of things regarding the album.....

i think the sound of the album fits perfectly with the songs, subject matter and stinas voice. was it recorded pretty cleanly by stina and manipulated by yourself while mixing?
i'm talking about things like the vocal sound on the title track - that distorted telephone kind of sound. and the distorted upright bass on 'butterfly' (that song gives me chills every time...).

also did you mess around with the arrangements a lot while mixing or did you just mix exactly what you were given? lots of interesting and out there things going on.

i guess i'm really asking how much of tchad is in that album?

hope everything is good with you. best to claire, too.

take care,
pete.
Old 26th April 2007
mongrell mixer

Hi pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwr View Post
hi tchad,

i'm pete, i played some of the guitars on the jack cameron (rubinacci) album a couple of years back.

first of all i just wanted to say that it was an honour to work with you and such an educational experience.

second, i wanted to thank you for introducing me to the music of stina nordenstam on my last night at the studio. 'the world is saved' has since become one of my favourite albums.
i wanted to ask a couple of things regarding the album.....

i think the sound of the album fits perfectly with the songs, subject matter and stinas voice. was it recorded pretty cleanly by stina and manipulated by yourself while mixing?
i'm talking about things like the vocal sound on the title track - that distorted telephone kind of sound. and the distorted upright bass on 'butterfly' (that song gives me chills every time...).

also did you mess around with the arrangements a lot while mixing or did you just mix exactly what you were given? lots of interesting and out there things going on.

i guess i'm really asking how much of tchad is in that album?

hope everything is good with you. best to claire, too.

take care,
pete.
Hi Pete, nice to hear from you.
That record was pretty much done when it got to me. She records her vocals into cassette decks and dictaphones so she's on the same page.
I just toughened it all up a little.
Old 27th April 2007
Here for the gear

thank you tchad.
much appreciated.

all the best
and
take good care,
pete.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search