The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Pearl Jam
Old 23rd April 2007
Lives for gear

Pearl Jam

Being a huge Pearl Jam fan, would please share your (some) experiences with this band? What was unique about the recording process?
Old 23rd April 2007
mongrell mixer

pearl jam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Robb View Post
Being a huge Pearl Jam fan, would please share your experiences with this band? What was unique about the recording process?
I have mixed feelings about that record. I think it's a good record but in hindsight I don't think I was a great choice for the band. We didn't see eye to eye on many things sonically and we all got a bit frustrated in the making of the music but we persevered and managed to make it work. Brendon O'brien came on board to mix and helped make sense of it all.
Old 23rd April 2007
Gear Addict

that's interesting. i personally found the mixes that you did do on that record to be much more interesting and inventive than the others (not that brendan o'brien's work isn't also good), and a pleasant departure from the "pearl jam sound" i had come to expect based on the sonic consistency of some of their other recordings.

-ryan
Old 23rd April 2007
Lives for gear

TB,

Care to elobrate? I would love to learn more about how the record was approached. Recording methods, equipment, etc.

Thanks for your insight!
Old 24th April 2007
mongrell mixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recycled_Brains View Post
that's interesting. i personally found the mixes that you did do on that record to be much more interesting and inventive than the others (not that brendan o'brien's work isn't also good), and a pleasant departure from the "pearl jam sound" i had come to expect based on the sonic consistency of some of their other recordings.

-ryan
Thank you. I like them too.
Old 24th April 2007
Lives for gear

Yeah Tchad. I remember talking with Brett Eliason the day Binaural came out. He was telling me how much he loved what you did. He told me to go immediately to a store and buy it. Great stuff! I reference it all the time.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search