The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Working w/ Mitchell
Old 22nd April 2007
Gear Maniac

Working w/ Mitchell

Welcome Tchad.... big fan...

I was hoping you cold shed some light on working with Mitchell Froom in the studio, what your working relationship was like and how it progressed over the years. I'm also curious how frequently Mitchell would track any keyboard parts with the musicians (from the floor or the control room?) or if he was adding them later. He obviously has a very unique style and textural sense and his parts often shape the arrangements in interesting ways... my favorite album from that era is probably "Nine Objects Of Desire" great songs and sounds. Thanks in advance for any insight.
Old 22nd April 2007
mongrell mixer

Froom

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanyorgans View Post
Welcome Tchad.... big fan...

I was hoping you cold shed some light on working with Mitchell Froom in the studio, what your working relationship was like and how it progressed over the years. I'm also curious how frequently Mitchell would track any keyboard parts with the musicians (from the floor or the control room?) or if he was adding them later. He obviously has a very unique style and textural sense and his parts often shape the arrangements in interesting ways... my favorite album from that era is probably "Nine Objects Of Desire" great songs and sounds. Thanks in advance for any insight.
A very good partnership, Mitchell and the bands he chose to work with. He's an extremely good listener in all ways.
He played in the control room and out in the live room. Live, OD's, whatever made sense at that time. Mitchell's about arranging sounds and it's what made all those records work. Many sounds I got on records with Mitchell won't work on other records because they don't have the same arrangement sense.
Old 25th April 2007
Gear Guru

Any chance you and Mitchell will work together again?
Old 25th April 2007
mongrell mixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumsound View Post
Any chance you and Mitchell will work together again?
I hope so.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search