The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Peter Gabriel's UP, Daniel Lanois, Adam Samuels
Old 22nd April 2007
Gear Nut

Peter Gabriel's UP, Daniel Lanois, Adam Samuels

Hi Tchad,

You are such a sweetheart for sharing your genius with us!

I wanted to ask you about some records and people that you have had musical relationships with.

1. The Peter Gabriel UP album is a huge innovation in sonics. What can you tell us about your involvement in it and any information about the instruments/gear/tricks/ideas that were instrumental in achieveing it's amazing sound?

2. You have worked on projects and been associated with Daniel Lanois. What lessons have you learned from him?

3. Adam Samuels, now Lanois' right hand man used to be your assistant. Tell us about Adam and what kind of skills he had that made him so good that Lanois had to have him?

Thanks for your time Tchad.

Love,

Jacklynn
Old 22nd April 2007
mongrell mixer

Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacklynn View Post
Hi Tchad,

You are such a sweetheart for sharing your genius with us!

I wanted to ask you about some records and people that you have had musical relationships with.

1. The Peter Gabriel UP album is a huge innovation in sonics. What can you tell us about your involvement in it and any information about the instruments/gear/tricks/ideas that were instrumental in achieveing it's amazing sound?

2. You have worked on projects and been associated with Daniel Lanois. What lessons have you learned from him?

3. Adam Samuels, now Lanois' right hand man used to be your assistant. Tell us about Adam and what kind of skills he had that made him so good that Lanois had to have him?

Thanks for your time Tchad.

Love,

Jacklynn
-The biggest difference for me on Up was the amount of material available for each song. 100 plus tracks of many instruments which hadn't been decided on, and Peter and Dickie (Peter's engineer) were happy for me to come in and trim some fat. Tons of good stuff. In this instance fast decisions were made and I tried to never look back. Mixing was much like all my projects using the tools you can read about elsewhere here.
-I don't know Daniel all that well but have great respect for him. Neville Brothers 'Yellow Moon' made my head spin.
-Adam Samuels, great attitude. That's all you need.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search