The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
your unnatural recording style
Old 18th March 2007
your unnatural recording style

Tchad I read once that you feel like the recording process is (paraphrasing here) unreal by it's nature, so you aim to exploit that aspect to make unique sonic interest. Your inventive techniques are very interesting and fairly well documented, yet I'm wondering if there have been times that you've veered from that philosophy and gone 'au natural' on a mixing or recording session .... why or why not?

thanks for being here,
Old 22nd April 2007
mongrell mixer

unatural

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucey View Post
Tchad I read once that you feel like the recording process is (paraphrasing here) unreal by it's nature, so you aim to exploit that aspect to make unique sonic interest. Your inventive techniques are very interesting and fairly well documented, yet I'm wondering if there have been times that you've veered from that philosophy and gone 'au natural' on a mixing or recording session .... why or why not?

thanks for being here,
I've recorded binaural records without using my studio arsenal. Several of them. But put me with a band in the studio and it's not natural for me to go 'au natural'. I don't think I'm very good at it.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search