The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Rage Against The Machine
Old 3rd February 2014
Lives for gear

Rage Against The Machine

Hey Sylvia! Would like to hear about anything of interest in your sound work with the band RAGE Against the Machine. Thanks again for your kind spirit and generosity.
Old 5th March 2014
Radiant Being

My encounter working with Rage was brief, just a quick mix for the Tibetan Freedom Concert, the big show that the Beastie Boys put on a while back in NYC. I worked on their live recordings at Electric Ladyland Studios on a humungous purple SSL G-series console. Most impressive.

I did get to know Rage early on when Tool opened for them during a UK / European tour, because I was lucky enough to be a passenger on the Tool tour bus for 4 days (until I couldn't stand it anymore, too stinky). I was on stage during a show at Brixton Academy when Rage was on stage. Tom Morello took his clothes off and the crowd went nuts! Everyone was jumping up and down in unison, including everyone in the balconies. I though for sure the whole place was going to collapse. Never seen anything like it. I've got photos of it around somewhere. Gotta dig those up...

The next morning we all enjoyed breakfast at a local inn - Tool, Rage and me. Tom Morello walked in the room with a towel wrapped around his neck, like you'd expect a guy from Yale to wear it. Love those guys. Frickin' awesome band, good people.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search