The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Favourite records in 70's
Old 11th December 2016
Gear Maniac

Favourite records in 70's

Hello, Suzanne!

All these two weeks since the announcement of Q&A I relistened to my favourite Ciani albums and heard several which were new to me - and was a bit carried away, so haven't posted a question until the last moment. Thank you for all the inspiration which influences my music, even more so in recent time.

Q: If it's not too late, I'd want to ask you to tell about five of the records to which you listened most frequently during the 70's.

Last edited by Transistores; 11th December 2016 at 11:22 PM..
Old 14th December 2016
Suzanne Ciani

Hi!

Gosh...can I remember???

Let's see....
Terry Riley's "In C" and "A Rainbow in Curved Air." Need I say anything- these are both jewels of electronic sensibility
Krzysztov Penderecki: Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima - loved his shattering approach to a symphony orchestra
Carol King Tapestry -- one of those albums where you'll always remember where you were the first time you heard it
Glenn Gould playing Bach's Goldberg Variations --still one of my favorite performances, i.e. the first recording of the two
Cat Stevens "Tea for the Tillerman" --I was once snowed in and this was the one album in the cabin and I never tired of it for days on end

And now that you've got me thinking, I could go on and on....but, am a bit jet-lagged and tired...
Thank you for asking....

All my best,
Suzanne
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search