The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
3-2-1 Contact "Noisy/Quiet: Music" (1980)
Old 3rd December 2016
Gear Addict

3-2-1 Contact "Noisy/Quiet: Music" (1980)

Hi Suzane,

Some years ago, I came across the segment you did for the children's show 3-2-1 Contact on YouTube. While watching it, I had a strong memory/flashback of seeing this when I was a child (I would have been 6 years old). I remember I was sitting on the floor very close to the TV, and I was absolutely enthralled with what you were doing with your wondrous machines. Seeing this segment again as an adult made me realize that was the moment which sparked my lifelong obsession with synthesizers and electronic music.

So thank you!!!

At the time you were shooting this, did you consider that you might have such a strong influence on the kids watching the show? Has anyone else told you that this show was what got them interested in synthesizers?
< moderator note - use this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4593D44Lid4 >
Old 4th December 2016
Suzanne Ciani

Thank you! It's very sweet of you to let me know our connection from the past! Sometimes I am surprised to find that some pivotal moment for someone else occurred when I was 'there." We've all had such moments...like triggers....when something sparks unexpectedly. At the time, I didn't realize that people would even be watching...so it's only with feedback such as yours that I know anyone was out there being impacted. Thanks for letting me know. And yes, I do hear that from time to time and it always feels very special.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search