The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
The Eighth Wave production
Old 30th November 2016
Here for the gear

The Eighth Wave production

Hi Suzanne!

Seven Waves has a thorough list of instruments used, some highly regarded analog synthesizers. The Eighth Wave on Velocity of Love is one of my favorite tracks of yours - what are you playing there, and how was the production on that album?

Best best
/ Fredrik
Old 3rd December 2016
Suzanne Ciani

Hello Fredriik!!

Yes, I always listed all the gear used in my recordings with each cut because I always felt that the gear was as specific an instrument as any other acoustic instrument might be. I'm traveling at this moment and don't have the Velocity of Love CD in front of me and so can't tell you precisely what I was playing on that particular track. I do remember the DX7 on the opening. I had done a library of sounds for the DX7 called, I think, East Meets West, and some of those sounds are used. I used a lot of vocoder...the Bode Vocoder, for the vocal textures. I used the Prophet 5 for the bass...I would always make the sound fresh by editing the clavinova patch. The waves are on the Buchla, of course, and going through an Eventide 2019, as I recall. Sorry I can't be more specific right now...but if you can find a CD booklet, it will all be there!
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search