The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Software suggestions for "West Coast" synths
Old 27th November 2016
Gear Maniac
Software suggestions for "West Coast" synths

i was wondering if you've had any experience or reaction with computer based languages like csound or if there are any programs (or languages) out there that you feel reproduce the kind of potential and workflow that the buchla synths do - it seems that what's out there are pretty much the keyboard based "east coast" type synths, which are fun, but it doesn't seem as though programmers are working much on the alternatives that the other synths offer
Old 29th November 2016
Suzanne Ciani

I recently met a Andres Bucci and Sergi Jorda of Reactable Systems, based in Barcelona, Spain, and was intrigued by their software approach for an app they call "Reactor."I myself am not very software based, as I am mostly working with the Buchla 200e now, but do feel that the electronic music instrument of the future will be a combination software/hardware ...or perhaps holographic. To interface with the human body, I think we do need physical attributes, like knobs and switches... and perhaps patch cables ...though I'm not sure of that. Keyboards in any traditional sense are a dead end and have no place in the future instrument. The Buchla programmable touchplate is a wonderful thing, as it let's you define all functions. I use it to start and stop sequencers, to control tempo, to transpose, to sweep a filter, to arpeggiate, and endless other operations. I rarely use it to play a melody. Observing the Buchla is a great place to start because Don envisioned a "new" instrument, in the tradition of other playable instruments. It was more about the way sound moved than the sound itself.
Old 4th December 2016
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevwave View Post
I recently met a Andres Bucci and Sergi Jorda of Reactable Systems, based in Barcelona, Spain, and was intrigued by their software approach for an app they call "Reactor."
I think that the Reactable systems software is called "ROTOR".

"Reaktor" is Native Instruments modular software synth.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search