The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Eurorack..
Old 25th November 2016
Eurorack..

Hi Suzanne,
Just curious how your view the current Eurorack explosion in relation to your early days on the Buchla and when modular was the expensive and small niche of the even fewer.

Nick
Old 29th November 2016
Suzanne Ciani

I'm so astounded and happy about the Eurorack explosion!! Yeah!! There is hope for all of us. My hopes for this time around is that there will be an explosion of live performance...it is so much fun to play live...and that the evolution of the designs of the modules will focus on performing and creating an "integrated' system...
My Buchla is very flexible...I'm on my 3rd configuration already this year...changing the number of modules I use and the road cases, adding some clones, and just getting to know what's out there. Still, I have a preference for the Buchla, but I know it is becoming an impossibly rare bird. If we could bring Buchla consciousness to Eurorack design too, that would be a dream come true.
Yes the Buchla was expensive...and that was a great motivation...to figure out how to get one...to make the money to get one...but today, I'm not so sure they are even gettable.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search