The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
About mysterious tracks
Old 2nd September 2016
Lives for gear

About mysterious tracks

Hello, Steve.

First I want to thank you for all the amazing music you have been releasing over the years. For me you and the late Gianluigi Gasparetti (Oöphoi) are IMHO the most iconic ambient masters on the planet!

After being an interested listener of ambient music for almost 18 years, I've made a 3 years research which resulted in my hardware-only ambient studio. I'm still learning the ins and outs because I have a full time job, but I'm really happy with my tools and I want to release something next year.

''Cloud of Unknowing'' and ''Drift'' are really sublime and mysterious. Can you talk a little about these tracks? What processes can trigger the creation of such deep and mysterious works?

Thank you!
Old 17th September 2016
Special Guest

Quote:
Hello, Steve.

First I want to thank you for all the amazing music you have been releasing over the years. For me you and the late Gianluigi Gasparetti (Oöphoi) are IMHO the most iconic ambient masters on the planet!

After being an interested listener of ambient music for almost 18 years, I've made a 3 years research which resulted in my hardware-only ambient studio. I'm still learning the ins and outs because I have a full time job, but I'm really happy with my tools and I want to release something next year.

''Cloud of Unknowing'' and ''Drift'' are really sublime and mysterious. Can you talk a little about these tracks? What processes can trigger the creation of such deep and mysterious works?

Thank you!
Thank you for the resonations! I knew Gianluigi, Besides the long distance communications he spent a few weeks at my house In Tucson in the 90s' and eventually I presented an exclusive concert at his farmhouse studio - home in Italy.
Pieces of this concert ended up on Atmospheric Conditions. Steve Roach: Atmospheric Conditions
Still hard to fathom he is gone.
Those 2 pieces your asking about were recorded around the same time, for Worlds Edge and Magnificent Void. As I travel back down the wormhole to that time I now recall having just moved to Tucson and was by this time living the dream of pure 24-7 desert immersion. 2 extensive trips to Australia were still being absorbed and Dreamtime Return out in the world. Along with all this my new relationship with my wife Linda Kohanov was in full bloom. While all of these things were mushrooming outwards it was was facilitating a deeper connection into my creative aspirations, I was putting all this into the music at all times.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search