The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Hardware or VST effects for analog synths/modulars
Old 1st September 2016
Gear Maniac

Hardware or VST effects for analog synths/modulars

Dear Steve,

Please share for us your vision of FX section. Do you still prefer to use hardware fx boxes or maybe modern VST plugins are used for same duties?

Which effects have you found for yourself as self-instruments and most musical and organic?

BR,
IL
Old 17th September 2016
Special Guest

Quote:
Dear Steve,

Please share for us your vision of FX section. Do you still prefer to use hardware fx boxes or maybe modern VST plugins are used for same duties?

Which effects have you found for yourself as self-instruments and most musical and organic?

BR,
IL
This was answered in the question here in part.
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/q-st...-software.html
Indeed I am a hardware guy. I just prefer the work flow, sound and discreet connection with all the pieces you can touch, hold and tweak directly.
As I mentioned in other answers here I have teamed up with some brilliant artists who are working largely in the box and creating incredible emotional music.
I just released a collaboration with Robert Logan, an artist based in London called Biosonic. Its a wicked blend of my hardware approach and Roberts computer as instrument skills
In the end these approaches are all equal and just up to what the artist is drawn towards and feels connected with and how the sound moves you. As for the favorites, Oberheim Matrix 12 and Xpander.
Here is the new release with Robert Logan.
Steve Roach, Robert Logan: Biosonic

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search