The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Pitch - Time - Space
Old 31st August 2016
Gear Head
Pitch - Time - Space

Hi Steve,

David here. In our workshop last July you talked about the integration between Pitch, Time and Space. I immediately visualized a triangle much like photographers view Shutter speed / ISO / Aperture as important interrelationships to take great photographs.

During our workshop together you emphasized these points throughout and demonstrated their relationship in many ways. Could you expand on your thoughts between these important elements of sound and how you approach them in your own work?
Old 5th September 2016
Special Guest

David nice to see you here…
For every piece I have created since the beginning is has one or all 3 of these these essentials for enhancing and animating life into my music.
I just read a new interview with Jean Michel Jarre in Electronic Musician and he says "Delays and reverbs are probably 50 percent of my sound"
I would say the same for me if not more. This sound comes from an infinite combination of pitch processing from subtle detuning to dramatic pitch shifting, Time delays from tight taps, chorus, stereo delays, long slowly receding echos and various looping techniques and then, my main addiction, the magnificent world of Digital Reverb.

I feel synths, no matter how advanced or simple an instrument is on its own
needs this combination, not just the onboard versions of these effects.
As I have said in some of the other answers, I rely on stand alone hardware units. I look at them like the mixing board - as an instrument. I am constantly tweaking these as I am building and performing-recording a piece. I need hands on and discreet control. I have Reverb spaces, that like some of my Xpander patches have been with me for years, evolving and are a vital ingredient to my sound.

Since they were released I have used all the Eventide pedals, especially in my live set up, the Timefactor, Pitch Pactor, Mod factor and the Space. To my ears the Space is a great verb for longer verbs, with lots of controls, great for zone shaping to your hearts content. The quality can be bright and airy to deep and dark, also a perfect companion to the modular as well.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search