The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cirklon sequencer
Old 15th October 2016
Special Guest

Cirklon sequencer

Hi Steffi, Martyn,

I love your stuff, separately and together, especially the new collaboration album. I was wondering if the Cirklon sequencer was involved in the latest album and generally what are your thoughts of it. What is the benefit of using Cirklon instead of using a computer for sequencing?
Old 17th October 2016
Special Guest

Hey! It's Steffi's Cirklon so I'm gonna let her do the bulk of the answer, but having had some brief experiences with it in the studio I must say hardware sequencing in general really opens up so many possibilities in writing music. Even with synths that you normally play some strings with or a little bass line, can turn into an aggressive hook machine when its powered by the cirklon.. I can't wait to get my own just so I can revisit all my synths again It definitely gives it a different type of "funk' too in my opinion, although its hard to describe what the exact difference is. anyway take it away Stef ,,,, --->
Old 19th October 2016
Special Guest

kink in the house! :-)

the cirklon changed my life!

i can not say enough positive things about this amazing sequencer! i always found my sound too static and in 2012 i decided to connect all my synths, drums and FX's onto a patch bay so everything connectable and more hands on. i started using the cirklon and use logic more as a multi track recorder. all my drums are also programable with the cirklon. even my 808 these days although i avoided any midifiction for a long time. but having the option to program on a 32 grid within a second made me buy that kit. i have a lot of hardware so for me the cirklon is a great option to program many synths at the same time (you can use 16 instruments at the same time). i love the step option to program but you can also play on a midi keyboard and record it into the cirklon and it appears on the steps straight away. its great to later on adjust the notes, length velocity, delay etc. you can not only program mono synths, polyphonic ones as wel! optional is a vc gate kit so trow away all your converters :-) great for older machines. and last but not least.....a drum trigger box for my obsession, drum brains!!! stuff like ult sound, pollard, syncussion! all programmable with the cirklon.

yeah!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search