The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
10 tracks that rocked your world
Old 14th October 2016
Talking 10 tracks that rocked your world

Question for both of you.
It's perhaps a bit of a clichée question (sorry) but would be fun to check out for us:
Could you post ten of your all time favorites please? Songs that changed your ideas about making music at some point?
And, if possible, what part you like about it, or some background (did you actually use that idea in your own music)?
Thanks!
Old 14th October 2016
Special Guest

Hey!
Don't know if we can get to ten tracks but i'll just post one or two whenever I think of one instead of doing an epic 10 song youtube adventure in 1 go...

First up is one from the earliest drum 'n bass days. It was somewhere in 1996 or 1995, and "drum 'n bass / jungle" was either sped up breakbeats, ragga and hiphop samples and wobbly basslines like the early Bristol stuff or "jump up", OR it was the futuristic beat trickery laced with sci-fi samples that was the Metalheadz/Photek/Reinforced sound... Then i went to see Grooverider play and he started his set with this song, "Grey Odyssey" by Optical. It was so simple, so techy, so synthy, it was almost a different type of music altogether. It was featured on the compilation LP "The Prototype Years" alongside music by (Optical's brother) Matrix, John B, Dillinja, Grooverider himself, Lemon D etc. and it was a revolution in the music to something that was basically techno. Many will argue it was also the beginning of the end, as the music after this became darker, angrier, more niche, and dnb lost lots of its more casual fans, but regardless of what you think of the music, what Optical did in the late 90s was far ahead if its time and it influenced me deeply.

Old 15th October 2016
Special Guest

if u can give me a bit of time to sit with this, ill def. make a list
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search