The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
pitching your tracks
Old 13th October 2016
Here for the gear

pitching your tracks

hello to everybody.
first of all thank you both for your great music and live performance during the Ostgut night.
I really love to listen your stuff at home and at clubs.

often I play my sets around 125bpm, would you say it is a no go to pitch tracks which are running on 130bpm because they are made for this tempo.

don´t get me wrong I really don´t wan´t to doubt that they sound well on the tempo you released it. I just wan´t to hear your opinion to pitching your tracks down

greets
Old 13th October 2016
Special Guest

If it sounds good in your ears and it works in the context that you play it in, by all means pitch up and down all you want The pitch control is there for a reason, you can use it as radical as you think is suitable!
Old 13th October 2016
Special Guest

music is for everybody and you should play it on any kind of speed you prefer. i think thats the most interesting thing of dj-ing actually, the option of playing tracks faster and slower. a track you would spin on 125 could for example all of a sudden sound more like a house track where as somebody on 134 would play the same track in a nice uptempo techno set. whatever works, works.

i have even seen people play 45's on the wrongs speed and make edits out of that because it all of a sudden became a completely different record! a famous story is 'flesh' by a slipt second which was played in the new beat scene back in the days on 33 +8 because it sounded better but the original speed was 45.

pitch away!!! :-)
Old 19th October 2016
Lives for gear

Martyn's Oceania is really cool at 33rpm instead of 45
Old 24th October 2016
Special Guest

see there we go! thats exciting to hear, i am gonna check that out!
Old 24th October 2016
Special Guest

I remember buying Photek's "UFO" and first time I listened to it, it was on 33 and I thought it was the most amazing jazz drumming inspired sci fi piece I had ever heard.. Then a friend came over, looked at me and pressed the 45 button Was still an amazing jazz drumming inspired sci fi piece!!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search