The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Evolution of your sound
Old 13th October 2016
Here for the gear
Evolution of your sound

Hello Steffi,

It is an honor to be able to participate in a Q&A with you.

I was wondering how you would describe the changes you have felt your sound has undergone. Clearly, it has changed. Would you say that is due to the direction your DJing career took? Artists you worked with? Or are there other factors?

Not every techno-head would be able to adapt and write an album with an artist like Martyn.

I truly admire the work you have done and can't wait to hear what is coming next!

Cheers !
Old 13th October 2016
Special Guest

hey,

thanks for the kind words :-) would you mind if i would say i don't consider myself as a techno head. my own music has never been straight up techno neither my dj sets. because of the diversity in my productions and my taste in music i never had to adapt to write an album with martyn. it was a very natural flow developed out a lot of passion and similar interest in music.

i think you are right saying my sound has developed over the years. i started working on music in 2002 but it took me at least 6 years to release a record. the first 12 inches and my first album were much more naive then my recent work. of course that has a lot to do with experience but for me changing my studio setup in 2012 was a massive change. i started working with a step sequencer and made my complete studio connectable trough a proper patch bay system. now i am using logic more as a recording device to edit long takes and to finalize arrangements rather then to compose like i used to do. the music became much more organic and loose.

like you said i also worked with quite a few people over the years and its fascinating how they all use different ways of working and thats super inspiring for me. a massive learning process. for example i recently co-produced virginia's album on ostgut ton and this was a full vocal album with a strong focus on dance music with a pop character and song structure, which opened up a whole new world for me.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search