The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Yours and Mine gear?
Old 12th October 2016
Gear Addict

Yours and Mine gear?

Hi Steffi,

Thank you for being here. I liked your album Yours and Mine very much and have listened to it many times. Unlike many electronic dance albums, this one stands up to repeated listening without skipping songs. There is a consistent, precise signature sound and feeling across all the songs which ties the album together. Was this intentional, or was it simply the product of your workflow and mood at the time? Did you ever worry that there wouldn't be enough variety?

And of course: can you tell us some about the equipment, software, and techniques you used for this project?

Thanks!
Old 12th October 2016
Special Guest

hey,

thanks for your kind words :-)
yours & mine was a collection of tracks i worked on from 2007 till 2010 and tracks i wrote in the last months of the production phase. basically new and old ones combined together.

i am always very sensitive to 'flow', also in my dj sets. i value order and track listing a lot so people are also able to listen to an album at home and in a car for example, not just dance floor orientated. it needs to have a certain build up, a story. so i actually did think about that a lot when i put the whole album together. i think its fair to say that the tracks differ a lot/enough from each other so i was never really worried about the album sounding to repetitive.

yours & mine was probably 70% hardware and the rest software and of course post production in logic. these days use a hardware sequencer (cirklon) and logic more as a recording device rather then using a lot of soft synths, simply because its more hands on for me. i like to do long takes and do live tweaks and record the effects on a separate track and in the end to the final arrangements in logic with just tiny little post production where needed.

but i learned to be versatile through for example my collaboration with martyn for our doms&deykers album
Old 14th October 2016
Gear Addict

Thanks!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search