The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByArturia
Options 2nd Hand Synths
Announcement: Last call for questions!!! Whitecat
21st January 2019 Views: 8
Views: 8
21st January 2019
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hey errbody! Wow, thank you so much for showing up, it's amazing how people think I know ANYTHING about music, but here we are...

starcadian
replies: 1 views: 336
Smashycomman 1 week ago

Welcome to the forum, and the Q&A! howdy Here's an introduction to STARCADIAN's music with a short...

Reptil
replies: 1 views: 822
Whitecat 1 week ago

1) All questions and followup questions will be moderated in advance... submit your question ONCE as a new thread and it will...

Whitecat
replies: 0 views: 316
Whitecat 1 week ago

Since STARCADIAN has been working very closely recently with Arturia on preset creation and product development, our friends...

Whitecat
replies: 0 views: 429
Whitecat 1 week ago

What's up, it's ya boi. I'm glad I randomly just started using twitter or I'd have never known this was going on....

Swinter
replies: 2 views: 129
Swinter 2 hours ago

I understand that you envision your music as "Ear Movies" (which is a really fun concept, tbh). My question is: do...

nowayjake
replies: 1 views: 136
starcadian 4 hours ago

Thank you for doing this! What kind of monitors are you using for playback and mixing? Everything really translates well, and I...

Piranhadrum
replies: 3 views: 165
blaugruen7 5 hours ago

Hi Starcadian! I absolutely love pretty much every track you've ever laid down. My question is sort of of the business side...

bmn001
replies: 13 views: 597
starcadian 5 hours ago

Hello, thank you for this opportunity to ask a question. Do you prefer to do the mixing and mastering yourself or give it to the...

Catch44
replies: 2 views: 109
Catch44 1 day ago

Hi, I read that you are using Bitwig. This is great, I use it too, but as a newbie, I found myself in a paradoxical situation....

Catch44
replies: 2 views: 71
Catch44 1 day ago

Hi Starcadian, Forgive me, but I've never come across your music before. I like what I'm hearing though. It has a retro electro...

Rockshamrover
replies: 2 views: 149
Rockshamrover 1 day ago

Hi! I can imagine writing, producing and mixing on your own makes a tedious process. Your productions are often quite complex....

mr jkn
replies: 4 views: 149
mr jkn 2 days ago

Hi Starcadian, Are there hardware synthesizers that you lean on heavily? Do you feel like you could make a record using only...

din
replies: 2 views: 326
starcadian 2 days ago

:deth:yingyang:deth: Hello starcadian ! Intense sense of composition you have there. Love the trance/hip-hop/electronic...

AfterViewer
replies: 1 views: 74
starcadian 2 days ago

When you play out live, do you record your shows? If so, is it to study what you did (ahhhh the happy accidents!) or is it so...

XXXEsq
replies: 1 views: 47
starcadian 2 days ago

Hey Starcadian! Which synths, instruments or gear would you say are quintessential to get that Synthwave or 80's inspired sound?...

Onfireee
replies: 1 views: 107
starcadian 2 days ago

Starcadian! Dude, it is so random for me to have been browsing and see that you're doing a Q&A. I was listening to New...

certanablo
replies: 2 views: 149
certanablo 2 days ago

This is something that's always baffled me. 95% of the challenge is making good work, constantly. Showing up every day, and...

ben_allison
replies: 5 views: 175
Amsoily 3 days ago

So cool to see you here! I first got turned onto your music when you (or someone) dropped the video for HE^RT on Reddit eons...

ben_allison
replies: 1 views: 117
starcadian 4 days ago

First, thanks for taking time out .... Where do you get your ideas from - do you go into your studio with ideas and...

empirix
replies: 1 views: 94
starcadian 4 days ago

Thanks for the Q&A. You bio says you have worked with Izotope. Iris 2 is one of my favorite synths/samplers. Were you...

grasspike
replies: 1 views: 101
starcadian 4 days ago

For my last question, I would love to know the origin of your name and how you came to be the intergalactic musician that you are...

SlyCooper1324
replies: 2 views: 179
bambamboom 5 days ago

Next to New Cydonia, Interspace is one of my favorite songs ever crafted by you. It is pure bliss to listen to time and time...

SlyCooper1324
replies: 1 views: 117
starcadian 5 days ago

Hi Starcadian, How are you? Hope all good! Can you please let us know how long it take for you to create track? Do you...

nemesyseme
replies: 2 views: 210
starcadian 5 days ago

I figured I'd try something fun, since there's a VERY good chance that a lot of you know a hell of a lot more than me, I'm doing...

starcadian
replies: 19 views: 709
XXXEsq 5 days ago

Thanks Starcadian for making yourself available. I love your sound/interplay {on some of your tracks} when you have multiple loud...

s wave
replies: 3 views: 221
starcadian 6 days ago

Hi Starcadian! Obviously you use a lot of emulations of classic synths to get that 80s sound -- or maybe you even use real 80s...

cosmic_fugue
replies: 5 views: 307
starcadian 6 days ago

I remember when Freak Night had just released. I loved it, though it was to my surprise when it was removed and wasn’t...

SlyCooper1324
replies: 1 views: 84
starcadian 6 days ago

Hi,STARCADIAN Nice to meet you, I watched a your work(HE^RT). I think that the sound of warm EP sound is best. Have you...

Jpro600k
replies: 1 views: 103
starcadian 1 week ago

Hi, I really dig Chinatown and have two main things I'm curious about. First, how did the song develop? Were you noodling...

Romdave
replies: 2 views: 143
Romdave 1 week ago

Hello my favorite musical artist! Been wondering for a while about your costume that you wear in New Cydonia and Interspace.....

Smashycomman
replies: 2 views: 159
Smashycomman 1 week ago

Starcadian - What are your favorite Vocoders (Vocoder & :synth: Synth carrier sources) / Talkbox or vocal processing plugins?...

djdlg
replies: 1 views: 268
starcadian 1 week ago

Starcadian! For the symphonic tracks on Sunset Blood (“Binary Stars”, “The Floppy Disk”, “It Ends Now”), how did you...

WinTwins89
replies: 1 views: 267
starcadian 1 week ago

thank you STARCADIAN and Gearslutz for this Q+A! can you tell us some of your tricks when mixing the drums in your...

tusca
replies: 1 views: 322
starcadian 1 week ago

Thanks for taking the time to do this Q and A. I've been following your music for some time now. I was curious as to what you're...

xdustinx
replies: 1 views: 269
starcadian 1 week ago

The level of your production impress me. You said in a interview you worked in the box ( ITB) with Arturia Collections. Can...

oune
replies: 2 views: 515
oune 1 week ago

Hi Starcadian, Thank you for doing this Q&A. I really admire your approach / creativity to your music and visuals. Your...

Sofine
replies: 2 views: 537
starcadian 1 week ago

I stumbled upon this track and your music via Spotify a while back. I can’t tell you how much I dig this track and your work....

Caladbolg
replies: 3 views: 434
starcadian 1 week ago

Hi Starcadian, thanks so much for holding this! A couple questions about the sounds on HE^RT. 1) What did you use for the...

aroseinthehouse
replies: 4 views: 711
starcadian 1 week ago

Hi Starcadian - I am curious as to what your musical inspirations are. What music do you listen to and what other artists do...

JDoo
replies: 1 views: 443
starcadian 1 week ago

Hi Starcadian, I'd like to hear about your creative process and workflow. How do you start your tracks? Do you generate lots of...

hornyhornyhorny
replies: - views: -
hornyhornyhorny 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search