The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored ByArturia
  Options 2nd Hand Synths
Announcement: Terms Of Use Update Whitecat
26th April 2019 Views: 2,300
Views: 2,300
26th April 2019
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hey errbody! Wow, thank you so much for showing up, it's amazing how people think I know ANYTHING about music, but here we are...

starcadian
replies: 1 views: 479
Smashycomman 15th January 2019

Welcome to the forum, and the Q&A! howdy Here's an introduction to STARCADIAN's music with a short...

Reptil
replies: 1 views: 1,179
Whitecat 10th January 2019

1) All questions and followup questions will be moderated in advance... submit your question ONCE as a new thread and it will...

Whitecat
replies: 0 views: 404

Since STARCADIAN has been working very closely recently with Arturia on preset creation and product development, our friends...

Whitecat
replies: 0 views: 591

I stumbled upon this track and your music via Spotify a while back. I can’t tell you how much I dig this track and your work....

Caladbolg
replies: 4 views: 786
Caladbolg 29th January 2019

Just wanna say I love these. I guess you're just doing a different one for every video for fun and playing with the...

Whitecat
replies: 2 views: 703
Whitecat 26th January 2019

Just wanna give a huge THANKS to starcadian for hanging out for the past week and a half, it's been an absolute blast. Cheers...

Whitecat
replies: 1 views: 403
starcadian 25th January 2019

Hi Starcadian! I absolutely love pretty much every track you've ever laid down. My question is sort of of the business side...

bmn001
replies: 15 views: 1,002
starcadian 25th January 2019

You mentioned in another thread that you work on chord structures a lot. Listening to your songs it sounds like you know what...

cramse
replies: 1 views: 571
starcadian 24th January 2019

Hi Starcadian, I've just discovered your music recently, and I think you did a fantastic job creating a coherent stylistic...

spaceman
replies: 1 views: 240

Thank you for your answering our questions. I very much like the sound of your songs. I would be curious to hear what your...

blaugruen7
replies: 1 views: 434

What's up, it's ya boi. I'm glad I randomly just started using twitter or I'd have never known this was going on....

Swinter
replies: 2 views: 295
Swinter 23rd January 2019

I understand that you envision your music as "Ear Movies" (which is a really fun concept, tbh). My question is: do...

nowayjake
replies: 1 views: 263
starcadian 23rd January 2019

Thank you for doing this! What kind of monitors are you using for playback and mixing? Everything really translates well, and I...

Piranhadrum
replies: 3 views: 522
blaugruen7 23rd January 2019

Hello, thank you for this opportunity to ask a question. Do you prefer to do the mixing and mastering yourself or give it to the...

Catch44
replies: 2 views: 357
Catch44 22nd January 2019

Hi, I read that you are using Bitwig. This is great, I use it too, but as a newbie, I found myself in a paradoxical situation....

Catch44
replies: 2 views: 243
Catch44 22nd January 2019

Hi Starcadian, Forgive me, but I've never come across your music before. I like what I'm hearing though. It has a retro electro...

Rockshamrover
replies: 2 views: 230
Rockshamrover 22nd January 2019

Hi! I can imagine writing, producing and mixing on your own makes a tedious process. Your productions are often quite complex....

mr jkn
replies: 4 views: 296
mr jkn 21st January 2019

Hi Starcadian, Are there hardware synthesizers that you lean on heavily? Do you feel like you could make a record using only...

din
replies: 2 views: 554
starcadian 21st January 2019

:deth:yingyang:deth: Hello starcadian ! Intense sense of composition you have there. Love the trance/hip-hop/electronic...

AfterViewer
replies: 1 views: 207

When you play out live, do you record your shows? If so, is it to study what you did (ahhhh the happy accidents!) or is it so...

XXXEsq
replies: 1 views: 162

Hey Starcadian! Which synths, instruments or gear would you say are quintessential to get that Synthwave or 80's inspired sound?...

Onfireee
replies: 1 views: 413

Starcadian! Dude, it is so random for me to have been browsing and see that you're doing a Q&A. I was listening to New...

certanablo
replies: 2 views: 284
certanablo 21st January 2019

This is something that's always baffled me. 95% of the challenge is making good work, constantly. Showing up every day, and...

ben_allison
replies: 5 views: 331
Amsoily 20th January 2019

So cool to see you here! I first got turned onto your music when you (or someone) dropped the video for HE^RT on Reddit eons...

ben_allison
replies: 1 views: 208
starcadian 19th January 2019

First, thanks for taking time out .... Where do you get your ideas from - do you go into your studio with ideas and...

empirix
replies: 1 views: 206

Thanks for the Q&A. You bio says you have worked with Izotope. Iris 2 is one of my favorite synths/samplers. Were you...

grasspike
replies: 1 views: 220

For my last question, I would love to know the origin of your name and how you came to be the intergalactic musician that you are...

SlyCooper1324
replies: 2 views: 302
bambamboom 18th January 2019

Next to New Cydonia, Interspace is one of my favorite songs ever crafted by you. It is pure bliss to listen to time and time...

SlyCooper1324
replies: 1 views: 211
starcadian 18th January 2019

Hi Starcadian, How are you? Hope all good! Can you please let us know how long it take for you to create track? Do you...

nemesyseme
replies: 2 views: 358
starcadian 18th January 2019

I figured I'd try something fun, since there's a VERY good chance that a lot of you know a hell of a lot more than me, I'm doing...

starcadian
replies: 19 views: 883
XXXEsq 18th January 2019

Thanks Starcadian for making yourself available. I love your sound/interplay {on some of your tracks} when you have multiple loud...

s wave
replies: 3 views: 408
starcadian 17th January 2019

Hi Starcadian! Obviously you use a lot of emulations of classic synths to get that 80s sound -- or maybe you even use real 80s...

cosmic_fugue
replies: 5 views: 488

I remember when Freak Night had just released. I loved it, though it was to my surprise when it was removed and wasn’t...

SlyCooper1324
replies: 1 views: 160

Hi,STARCADIAN Nice to meet you, I watched a your work(HE^RT). I think that the sound of warm EP sound is best. Have you...

Jpro600k
replies: 1 views: 160
starcadian 16th January 2019

Hi, I really dig Chinatown and have two main things I'm curious about. First, how did the song develop? Were you noodling...

Romdave
replies: 2 views: 232
Romdave 16th January 2019

Hello my favorite musical artist! Been wondering for a while about your costume that you wear in New Cydonia and Interspace.....

Smashycomman
replies: 2 views: 281
Smashycomman 15th January 2019

Starcadian - What are your favorite Vocoders (Vocoder & :synth: Synth carrier sources) / Talkbox or vocal processing plugins?...

djdlg
replies: 1 views: 477
starcadian 15th January 2019

Starcadian! For the symphonic tracks on Sunset Blood (“Binary Stars”, “The Floppy Disk”, “It Ends Now”), how did you...

WinTwins89
replies: 1 views: 372

thank you STARCADIAN and Gearslutz for this Q+A! can you tell us some of your tricks when mixing the drums in your...

tusca
replies: 1 views: 504

Thanks for taking the time to do this Q and A. I've been following your music for some time now. I was curious as to what you're...

xdustinx
replies: 1 views: 396

The level of your production impress me. You said in a interview you worked in the box ( ITB) with Arturia Collections. Can...

oune
replies: 2 views: 672
oune 14th January 2019

Hi Starcadian, Thank you for doing this Q&A. I really admire your approach / creativity to your music and visuals. Your...

Sofine
replies: 2 views: 741
starcadian 14th January 2019

Hi Starcadian, thanks so much for holding this! A couple questions about the sounds on HE^RT. 1) What did you use for the...

aroseinthehouse
replies: 4 views: 869

Hi Starcadian - I am curious as to what your musical inspirations are. What music do you listen to and what other artists do...

JDoo
replies: 1 views: 592

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search