The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Monitors for mixing
Old 23rd January 2019
Lives for gear

Monitors for mixing

Thank you for doing this! What kind of monitors are you using for playback and mixing? Everything really translates well, and I appreciate your distinct fingerprint on the mix/master. -Tom Miller
Old 23rd January 2019
Lives for gear

additional to that i would like to know if you use headphones and if you mix on them...
Old 23rd January 2019
Special Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piranhadrum View Post
Thank you for doing this! What kind of monitors are you using for playback and mixing? Everything really translates well, and I appreciate your distinct fingerprint on the mix/master. -Tom Miller
Thank you so much, I have no idea what I'm doing!

So I don't have space for monitors sadly, I'm using these 12 year old Creative Lab ****ty speakers that I bought for 70 bucks at Circuit City, but I mostly use those as my "car test" speakers.

I do the brunt of my work on my Beyerdynamics DT770 Pro 80 Ohms, then test it through the aforementioned ****ty speakers for bass thumpness, some Beats Studios to see how they work on bass heavy systems and some apple earbuds to see how people who hate their ears listen to music.

Also I've learned to read my levels in Ozone the way I like them and try to hit the same bass/mid/high balance, that's helped a LOT in upping my game!

Having said that, I'm looking to learn a more scientific way of managing the bass in my mixes, especially the kick drum, because I'm completely self taught and I'm sure I'm doing quite a few things wrong hahah
Old 23rd January 2019
Lives for gear

Very inspiring!
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search