The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
That teased script
Old 22nd January 2019
Here for the gear

That teased script

What's up, it's ya boi.

I'm glad I randomly just started using twitter or I'd have never known this was going on. Anyway!

This is kind of a deep dig, but I remember years ago, maybe 2016? 2015? You teased out a picture of a Starcadian script. Was this script the bones of the current album project, or was it a hint at something more movie-based? I've been deadly curious for years, and completely forgot to ask you, back in NYC.

(As a side note, I've found a lot of the questions on here about the actual production of music very useful as I intend to eventually start doing that, aaaaaa.)
Old 23rd January 2019
Special Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swinter View Post
What's up, it's ya boi.

I'm glad I randomly just started using twitter or I'd have never known this was going on. Anyway!

This is kind of a deep dig, but I remember years ago, maybe 2016? 2015? You teased out a picture of a Starcadian script. Was this script the bones of the current album project, or was it a hint at something more movie-based? I've been deadly curious for years, and completely forgot to ask you, back in NYC.

(As a side note, I've found a lot of the questions on here about the actual production of music very useful as I intend to eventually start doing that, aaaaaa.)
My dude, hope you're well!!

Yes, the script is real, it's for a Starcadian movie and it's awesome. We've been trying to get it made for a while now and its prequel, Midnight Signals, since all albums tie together narratively.

APPARENTLY it's not easy getting a movie made, who would've thunk?!

We're doing our best to get there and if I don't mind saying so myself, the Midnight Signals pitch is KILLER. If we ever manage to make it the way I want to make it, people will lose their **** when they re-watch the videos, it's really cool how they tie in.

Having said that, it may not be a full length movie, but the next visual thing I'm releasing is pretty dang epic, definitely levels up what we've done so far by a country mile. I'm staying up every night to work on the effects, but it'll be worth it to see everyone's reactions, it's gonna get freaky!
Old 23rd January 2019
Here for the gear

That is SUPER exciting. I have always loved the aesthetic you've crafted for all these stories. I am an absolute sucker for narratively driven music projects, and you're one of the best at it. You're really good at the MYSTERY of it all, and I'm so looking forward to what's coming down the pipeline. Thanks for answering the question! And for doing the Q&A overall.

As a complete digression, I've really enjoyed seeing your reflections on all the songs you've done so far. Ultralove is my favorite you've ever done, and BOY it sounds like that one was a beast to make. ANYWAY. I'll be holding out for that movie, you betta believe it.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search