The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Ear Movies
Old 22nd January 2019
Here for the gear

Ear Movies

I understand that you envision your music as "Ear Movies" (which is a really fun concept, tbh).

My question is: do you see each of your albums as it's own individual, unconnected movie, or are they all connected to all connected to a single overarching story?

A related question - when you're creating a new album, do you already have a story in mind that you build towards, or do you let the narrative develop organically as you create music?
Old 23rd January 2019
Special Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowayjake View Post
I understand that you envision your music as "Ear Movies" (which is a really fun concept, tbh).

My question is: do you see each of your albums as it's own individual, unconnected movie, or are they all connected to all connected to a single overarching story?

A related question - when you're creating a new album, do you already have a story in mind that you build towards, or do you let the narrative develop organically as you create music?
Yup, it's all part of one giant narrative and very premeditated! It's a big part of why things take a hot minute, because I have to make sure things stay canon hahah

As far as working on an album, it's a healthy mix of both, I definitely have the general story beats before I start it, but I need to make sure I have some good tracks in there too, so one thing informs the other. It's not an easy process and it's not a short one by any means, but I think it makes for a more cohesive experience at the end of the day. Midnight Signals 2 for example has been planned for a year and a half now, but I'm working on one more song right now, which doesn't necessarily need to fill a plot hole, just needs to get the booties shaking
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search