The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Starcadian - Where does that come from?
Old 14th January 2019
Here for the gear

Starcadian - Where does that come from?

For my last question, I would love to know the origin of your name and how you came to be the intergalactic musician that you are today. As far as I know, the world only knows you by Starcadian, and there are very few cases of your actual voice. Although I love the mystery, I would love even more to learn just a little bit more about you.

Keep making those ear movies, and you’ll forever be immortalized. Oh wait; you already are.
Old 18th January 2019
Special Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyCooper1324 View Post
For my last question, I would love to know the origin of your name and how you came to be the intergalactic musician that you are today. As far as I know, the world only knows you by Starcadian, and there are very few cases of your actual voice. Although I love the mystery, I would love even more to learn just a little bit more about you.

Keep making those ear movies, and you’ll forever be immortalized. Oh wait; you already are.
You know I straight up don't remember how or why it came together, it literally just manifested in my head, there wasn't any list or committee that decided on it. It helps that English isn't my native language, so I make a lot of decisions based on phonetics and the dynamics of syllables. Same with the title 'Sunset Blood'.
In all honesty, I try to keep personal details/my face out of the spotlight intentionally, I don't care for people having an opinion on me as a person, nor should they, they can listen to my music or not, but I'm not selling me as a person, I'll leave that stress to actors, bless their hearts. I know I'm not a terrible person and I do right by everyone in my life so that's enough validation for me
I'm also not a believer in using your own life story to sell a product, it feels manufactured and disingenuous. I've lived through PLENTY of insane things that would make me a poster boy for an underdog narrative, but it devalues me and the audience once I start exploiting that. On the other hand, I gladly grab a whiskey with people after shows and talk about whatever they want to talk about!
It also speaks to the sad reality that we live in a pretty messed-up transitional time in humanity.
We have to come to terms with the responsibility of the Internet and the magnification everyone's voice has. We weren't ready for it and still aren't.
The second some people don't like something, their natural reaction is swatting, trolling or even worse. I get that it's based on socioeconomic desperation and classic propaganda tactics for ulterior motive, but I don't want any part of that ****, I choose to live my life around creating art, not defending it and my character.
I remember I did a song for Dr. Disrespect and the Peace Pigeon, who are lovely, pleasant guys and I did my best to kind of massage his voice in the mix. It's an intentionally bad voice and I tried to make it as least grating as I could, given a loud, thumping backing track with a lot of mids.

Holy ****, the amount of death threats and toxic hate mail/comments I got. From the same people that bought it and streamed it! Not a great time and I definitely developed more respect for people on his level, dude had someone shoot up his HOUSE, where his wife and kids live.

I guess my tl;dr is that I'm the anti-Kanye, I don't say stupid **** for clicks and I don't exploit/publicize my own life in slimy ways because a) I morally can't do it and b) I only want people to listen to my music and connect to others from wildly different walks of life through it.
Old 18th January 2019
Great post! Thanks for sharing.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search