The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Costume!
Old 13th January 2019
Here for the gear

Costume!

Hello my favorite musical artist!

Been wondering for a while about your costume that you wear in New Cydonia and Interspace.. (I'm pretty sure it's the same one, right?)

The jean jacket/hoodie/gloves combo and everything.. it looks very very cool. Did you make them? Did you find them somewhere? How could one go about getting similar things myself? The hood especially doesn't LOOK factory-made, but I have no clue.

I'll just need to...I guess... Invent some way to transport myself into a computer in 1987 and then my face will get that way?... But other than that if I get all the pieces maybe I could cosplay at some convention sometime and be the coolest guy there. Thanks for the answer if it's not a huge secret!
Old 15th January 2019
Special Guest

Thanks for listening! The costume slightly changes from video to video and a lot of these items are not sold anymore sadly (which means I REALLY have to take care of them), but for what it's worth, here's where they're from:

Jacket - Levi's

Shoes - Supra Red High Tops

Gloves - Some random store in Europe

Hood - Ninja Hoodies, but they don't make that one anymore. Funny story, that used to be a sleeveless shirt, thought it'd be smarter for on-stage ventilation, except it's highly embarassing when I take off the jacket. And I'm also sporting a new one in the next video made by some VERY cool people that work on Marvel movies.

Mask - The Movie Magic of Threeee Deeeeeee and a custom real latex one for live shows, though I'm looking to update that one.
Old 15th January 2019
Here for the gear

Very very cool. Thank you for answering my question.

If you ever did some "here's how I made this" tutorial-type videos with your music (which we all would love), then putting in there a closer look at the mask and whatnot would be very interesting. But I don't blame you for wanting to keep some mystery if not.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search