The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Percussion and Drum sounds
Old 12th January 2019
Here for the gear

Percussion and Drum sounds

Hi Starcadian!

Obviously you use a lot of emulations of classic synths to get that 80s sound -- or maybe you even use real 80s synths.

I'm just wondering how you do drum and percussion sounds. Do you use real 80s sounds, i.e. samples of classic drum machines, or just choose your own sounds and keep the processing in the right style for the sound?

If you do use any particular software or sample library to get those great drum sounds, what is it? And do you have any tips for getting that 80s synthwave drum sound?

Thanks!

Michael
Old 16th January 2019
Special Guest

99% VPS Avenger these days, but if you're looking for true Synthwave sounding Drums, get SyDrums by BeatSkillz, that's a pretty rad sounding drum kit!!
Old 16th January 2019
Speak of the devil...

64% off "Synthwave Drums" by Beatskillz

Discount good for slightly more than 6 more days from the time of this post!
Old 16th January 2019
Special Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitecat View Post
Speak of the devil...

64% off "Synthwave Drums" by Beatskillz

Discount good for slightly more than 6 more days from the time of this post!
That's the one! The multi-out is reaaaaaally handy for processing each sound specifically, if you choose to do so, definitely recommend!
Old 17th January 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by starcadian View Post
99% VPS Avenger these days, but if you're looking for true Synthwave sounding Drums, get SyDrums by BeatSkillz, that's a pretty rad sounding drum kit!!
Awesome, I'll check both of those out! I was thinking of buying Avenger anyway, but I didn't know it was good for drums too!
Old 17th January 2019
Special Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic_fugue View Post
Awesome, I'll check both of those out! I was thinking of buying Avenger anyway, but I didn't know it was good for drums too!
Oh it's DEFINITELY worth the money, I love it! I have almost all the expansions too, there's some Trance and Hardstyle ones that are a "No from me, dawg" though.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search