The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Percussion and Drum sounds
Old 12th January 2019
  #1
Here for the gear
 

Percussion and Drum sounds

Hi Starcadian!

Obviously you use a lot of emulations of classic synths to get that 80s sound -- or maybe you even use real 80s synths.

I'm just wondering how you do drum and percussion sounds. Do you use real 80s sounds, i.e. samples of classic drum machines, or just choose your own sounds and keep the processing in the right style for the sound?

If you do use any particular software or sample library to get those great drum sounds, what is it? And do you have any tips for getting that 80s synthwave drum sound?

Thanks!

Michael
Old 16th January 2019
  #2
Special Guest
 
starcadian's Avatar
99% VPS Avenger these days, but if you're looking for true Synthwave sounding Drums, get SyDrums by BeatSkillz, that's a pretty rad sounding drum kit!!
Old 16th January 2019
  #3
Speak of the devil...

64% off "Synthwave Drums" by Beatskillz

Discount good for slightly more than 6 more days from the time of this post!
1
Share
Old 16th January 2019 | Show parent
  #4
Special Guest
 
starcadian's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitecat View Post
Speak of the devil...

64% off "Synthwave Drums" by Beatskillz

Discount good for slightly more than 6 more days from the time of this post!
That's the one! The multi-out is reaaaaaally handy for processing each sound specifically, if you choose to do so, definitely recommend!
Old 17th January 2019 | Show parent
  #5
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by starcadian View Post
99% VPS Avenger these days, but if you're looking for true Synthwave sounding Drums, get SyDrums by BeatSkillz, that's a pretty rad sounding drum kit!!
Awesome, I'll check both of those out! I was thinking of buying Avenger anyway, but I didn't know it was good for drums too!
Old 17th January 2019 | Show parent
  #6
Special Guest
 
starcadian's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic_fugue View Post
Awesome, I'll check both of those out! I was thinking of buying Avenger anyway, but I didn't know it was good for drums too!
Oh it's DEFINITELY worth the money, I love it! I have almost all the expansions too, there's some Trance and Hardstyle ones that are a "No from me, dawg" though.

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 7 views: 1734
Avatar for TonStrom
TonStrom 31st January 2019
replies: 4385 views: 376369
Avatar for bump909
bump909 22 hours ago
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump