The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Preferred hardware synths?
Old 11th January 2019
Gear Maniac

Preferred hardware synths?

Hi Starcadian,

Are there hardware synthesizers that you lean on heavily? Do you feel like you could make a record using only software synths without sacrificing quality?
Old 16th January 2019
Special Guest

Oh totally, I just don't use hardware synths. I'm not rich enough and don't own a big enough house to be surrounded by synths, so I have to make do with a tiny workspace, software synths and my 2 Keysteps!
I do love my System-8 and the Matrix Brute is blowing my mind right now, but when it comes to production, you need the flexibility of MIDI that can be edited in the future. I've yet to come to terms with recording something in audio and living with it hahah
Oh and almost all of my albums are done using software synths, literally the only two instances I can think of that I used a hardware synth was the bell in HE^RT (MicroKorg) and a little flourish in New Cydonia (System-8)
Old 21st January 2019
Special Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by starcadian View Post
Oh totally, I just don't use hardware synths. I'm not rich enough and don't own a big enough house to be surrounded by synths, so I have to make do with a tiny workspace, software synths and my 2 Keysteps!
I do love my System-8 and the Matrix Brute is blowing my mind right now, but when it comes to production, you need the flexibility of MIDI that can be edited in the future. I've yet to come to terms with recording something in audio and living with it hahah
Oh and almost all of my albums are done using software synths, literally the only two instances I can think of that I used a hardware synth was the bell in HE^RT (MicroKorg) and a little flourish in New Cydonia (System-8)
I should also say that the OPZ is my total JAM right now, i've had one since the beta and I love it to bits, really strong for sketching and one day I hope to have enough time to create some custom visuals for its app!
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search