The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Drum libraries and processing
Old 10th January 2019
Here for the gear

Drum libraries and processing

Thanks for taking the time to do this Q and A. I've been following your music for some time now. I was curious as to what you're using for drums these days and what your drum bus chain looks like. From the more processed drum sounds to the more natural sounding ones you use in your disco songs such as Night Games. Thanks again, and I look forward to Deep Cuts tomorrow!
Old 15th January 2019
Special Guest

Nowadays I almost exclusively use VPS Avenger for the main drums, add some fills with Addictive Drums 2 and I also love the Beat Machine VSTs, if you want to get that super authentic 80s vibe. Oh also I have samples of Rototoms I use a lot because i'm obsessed
Chain is usually pretty straightforward, I use a lot of the internal effects that VPS Avenger has, but I know that I always end up throwing an Ozone Imager on the snare to make it a little bigger.
To be perfectly frank, mixing, master and specifically drums and drum snares are one of my weakness and I spend a LOT of time to get them right, I'm always looking to get that perfect 707/70s tight dry snare sound.
Oh also The Glue to give them that snappiness!
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search