The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
HE^RT sounds? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

HE^RT sounds?

Hi Starcadian, thanks so much for holding this!

A couple questions about the sounds on HE^RT. 1) What did you use for the electric piano sound? 2) How did you make the stuttering/glimmering synth string sound that is the first thing you hear in the track?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Piano Sound

How do you get that wonderful E Piano sound in HE^RT?

Thank you!
Old 1 week ago
special guest

Thanks for listening!

That was back in my Ableton days, so the wurli is the standard Wurlitzer preset in Ableton, buuuut I added this VST called The Glue if I remember correctly to get the key hammering just right. BTW that VST is amazing, though I'm fiending to buy the Vulf Compressor lately.

The intro chime/strings combo is half ProjectSam Symphobia (one of my best investments, remember kinds cracks are whack, support your VST creators so they keep supporting the software) and the other half was a heavily processed MicroKorg bell sound I believe.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by starcadian View Post
Thanks for listening!

That was back in my Ableton days, so the wurli is the standard Wurlitzer preset in Ableton, buuuut I added this VST called The Glue if I remember correctly to get the key hammering just right. BTW that VST is amazing, though I'm fiending to buy the Vulf Compressor lately.

The intro chime/strings combo is half ProjectSam Symphobia (one of my best investments, remember kinds cracks are whack, support your VST creators so they keep supporting the software) and the other half was a heavily processed MicroKorg bell sound I believe.
It's always so my more simple than I think!

+1 on the Glue kicking ass

Vulf Compressor is ****ed up and goo0000d. though I wish their digital lofi settings didn't alias so much.
Old 1 week ago
special guest

Yeah I definitely need to get the Vulf Compressor, I always struggle with snares and crunchiness, but I've found a good happy medium using VPS Avenger with The Glue cranked up. Sounds like this'll give it that extra dirty dirt I'm looking for though!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search