The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
  Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Hi Russell, Nikka Costa's "Everbody..." is one of my favorite and most inspiring albums ever. I would like to...

chris carter
replies: 4 views: 6,615
Russell Elevado 5th April 2007

Fairly hot? Really hot? Not so hot?! Do you try to get a lot of tape compression going on or not? Or only on certain things...

Joemamma
replies: 2 views: 6,887
Joemamma 4th April 2007

Hey Russell!' I usually just browse Gearslutz from time to time just to keep up with the latest news on equipment, as well as...

Krumbz
replies: 3 views: 5,555
Krumbz 4th April 2007

Hey Russell, Thanks for taking the time to do this. What tape formula do you prefer to use, ie on Voodoo? What do you align...

blackbox
replies: 2 views: 6,683
shapemod 4th April 2007

Man I'd like to know what you find yourself interested in outside of music. IS it Science? Politics? Collector cars? Collector...

no ssl yet
replies: 2 views: 5,824
AMIEL 2nd April 2007

hi, this question is different from the rest but one that would interest me all the more as i am a "wanna be"...

DannyDiggs
replies: 3 views: 7,067
DannyDiggs 2nd April 2007

Hi Russel - thanks for sharing your knowledge with us here. I'm interested in the work you did with Eryka Badu particularly the...

krisstoff
replies: 1 views: 7,292
Russell Elevado 1st April 2007

Sup brother? One love! A legend on the boards (and on the message board). Didn't see this posted yet, so thought I'd bring...

DJAnyStyle
replies: 4 views: 9,249
halfguard 1st April 2007

D has to have some the best vocal harmony parts. Can you talk about how you process (engineer and mix) them? Corey

txgator
replies: 8 views: 16,425
walth 1st April 2007

Hello Russ- I really enjoy all your work with D'angelo, Erykah Badu and Roy Hargrove et al. I'd like to hear about your...

JazzyMark
replies: 5 views: 7,888
Russell Elevado 1st April 2007

Russell, What are your favourite studios to work in ? Do you have your own place aswell ? Again, thanx a million for beeing...

gainreduction
replies: 2 views: 6,642
themn 30th March 2007

Hi Russ. Amazing to see your Discog. As everyone else seems to be mentioning, you mixed all the best tracks of the last 10...

scuzzywuzzy
replies: 3 views: 6,306
Exmun 30th March 2007

Hello Russel, warm greetings from the Netherlands. As many already have said; thanks so much for your time and your enthousiasm...

boody
replies: 1 views: 5,936
Russell Elevado 30th March 2007

I asked a question about automation on Voodoo earlier, but maybe we could just do a thread on automation in general? Could...

Joemamma
replies: 3 views: 16,706
deuc647 28th March 2007

Welcome, Russ! The bottom end on Voodoo is amazing! Anything you'd care to share about the recording of the bass on "How...

paultools
replies: 4 views: 8,624
not_so_new 28th March 2007

Russell, What can I say - Phrenology didn't leave my car's CD player for months. I've got a kicking subwoofer and that CD just...

Jaguar Dreams
replies: 3 views: 5,809
mindseye 27th March 2007

I'm curious how you choose what projects to work on? How do you know if it's a good fit? With a resume like yours, you must...

PinkHumpy
replies: 2 views: 6,561
PinkHumpy 26th March 2007

Hi Russ, where does 'the dragon' comes from ? hooppie

Ambroise
replies: 2 views: 5,842
Ambroise 26th March 2007

Hi Mr. Elevado I really admire your work. I wanted to know if you could recall the signal chain you used to record Alicia Keys...

bigwillz24
replies: 1 views: 7,668
Russell Elevado 26th March 2007

Hi Russ, I admire your work, from Voodoo to RH Factor, even long before I got interested in audio engineering, the sound and...

esVee TC
replies: 1 views: 6,290
Russell Elevado 26th March 2007
replies: 23 views: 7,320
Sqye 26th March 2007

Hi Russ, thanx for your kind and detailed answers. With 10 people playing together, do you try to isolate them or not ? So how...

Ambroise
replies: 2 views: 6,364
Russell Elevado 25th March 2007

Hi Russell, i am honoured to send you some nice compliments from Paris. I am so inspired by your work, such as "The Rh...

Julien Apruzzese
replies: 1 views: 5,649

Hi Russ, Devil's Pie has been one of my favourite DJ Premier songs for a while, and always thought it was mixed by him and...

recall
replies: 2 views: 7,007
recall 25th March 2007

Hi Russell, first I thought, ok, I'm not going to ask you any questions at all, but want to thank you. For opening my ears to...

beingmf
replies: 1 views: 5,654

Hi Russel, great to have you here, thanks for doing this. thumbsup I have a question about The Seed by The Roots, i really...

Tom H
replies: 5 views: 7,368
jebjerome 25th March 2007

Hey Russ!! I love your work.. it's very inspiring!! And thanks for doing this.. kfhkh My question is regarding...

Matej
replies: 11 views: 28,106
jdg 24th March 2007

Hey Russell, Thanks for being here to give us some cool insight. Anyway I was wondering if you could tell me a bit about the...

rudalicious
replies: 1 views: 5,712
Russell Elevado 24th March 2007

Hello Russell. I first want to say that you are my favorite engineer and I your work is incredible! I would like to know how...

bionic brown
replies: 2 views: 6,994
bionic brown 24th March 2007

Hello Russell, I'm a big fan of the drum sound on D'Angelo's Voodoo album! kfhkh The kick drum on "Chicken...

Joemamma
replies: 2 views: 13,687
Joemamma 23rd March 2007

Russell, very cool of you to be here ! kfhkh D'Angelo's "voodoo" sounds incredible, it's really unique sonically....

gainreduction
replies: 1 views: 7,916
Russell Elevado 23rd March 2007

hi Russel, can you tell us about your dessing technique? I've heard the ssssss are one of alicia keys problems. maybe...

George Necola
replies: 4 views: 7,317
George Necola 23rd March 2007

Hi Russell, thanx for comming back 2 GS. I have 2 questions. On the album Game Theory,the drums on all the tracks are mono(in...

Ravian
replies: 6 views: 7,528
recall 23rd March 2007

I'm a big fan, you have an amazing discography! I was wondering if you could speak about your drum micing methods. I love the...

Brightbird
replies: 5 views: 8,709
Russell Elevado 22nd March 2007

does amir still play live and then loop sections to put the song together and are you doing any drum replacement on the roots...

Sigma
replies: 1 views: 6,977
Russell Elevado 22nd March 2007

Warm welcome. As a considerable influence in defining a new sound, would you care to give us some insight on what your own...

Bruce Keen
replies: 2 views: 6,554
Joemamma 22nd March 2007

Can you list the tracks you've worked on?

AnAverageJoe
replies: 1 views: 6,201
Russell Elevado 21st March 2007

Hi Russell, I love most artists you have produced over the years, and how you made these records sound, I have to admit your...

Tom VDH
replies: 2 views: 6,928
Tom VDH 21st March 2007

Russell - How much musical creative input did you have during the production of D'Angelo's "Voodoo"? Say, quite a...

autologic
replies: 1 views: 6,429
Russell Elevado 20th March 2007

hello everyone, Does anyone mind leaving their real name after posting? i would really appreciate it. it's a little weird to me...

Russell Elevado
replies: 0 views: 6,204
Russell Elevado 20th March 2007

Wow, i just briefly browsed through the questions, and it looks like I've got a bit of a task to get to everyone. But I will get...

Russell Elevado
replies: 3 views: 4,452
Jules 20th March 2007

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search