The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Recording your hardware
Old 27th January 2016
Deleted User
Recording your hardware

Hi Robert,

I would be interested how your workflow is, when you are recording your hardware, specially when you do your classic acid style. Are you multitracking while jamming with your gear or are you concentrating on each synth and record them one by one? Do you record them processed or dry and process the different tracks afterwards? Are you still using your old gear like 909, 101, 303, ms20 or did you replace them? If you still use your old gear, how do you handle timing problems like start in delays or jitter?

Best regards
Old 27th January 2016
Gear Addict

if i do the classic acid style, then i work the classic way.... so i play everything live thru a mixer, the sounds that need compressin, get them thru a insertcabel. rest ist played live on the board.... also the EFX.

then i just record the master channel...
Old 27th January 2016
PTB
Lives for gear

This is great because you really capture the essence/emotion of the music through you being in the moment however, how many takes do you typically go through before you are happy with the end result? Surely doing everything live and recording only the master output vs. individual parts requires everything to be done spot on in 1 go.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search