The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Q+A with Richard Devine

Sponsored By
  Options 2nd Hand Synths
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Thank you Richard from all of us, we enjoyed this Q&A session very much....

Reptil
replies: 0 views: 1,241
Reptil 16th August 2016

Hello, just wanted to say hi, been a member here for many years, but haven't posted much. Thank you for having me as a guest Q+A...

RichardDevine
replies: 4 views: 1,710
subdo 2nd July 2016

You can post questions from today! Richard will start answering questions come next tuesday (the 5th) and the Q&A will run...

Reptil
replies: 0 views: 888
Reptil 1st July 2016

We're very happy to welcome Richard Devine as a Q&A guest. Here's a short overview of his credits, projects and...

Reptil
replies: 0 views: 2,337
Reptil 1st July 2016

Thanks for doing this Q&A. When designing a sound in isolation (i.e., separate from a mix), what's your roadmap for...

robotunes
replies: 4 views: 1,604
RichardDevine 16th August 2016

Hi Richard, what do you think about the current state of software fx vs hardware fx in terms of sound processing quality? and do...

jackalsandflames
replies: 3 views: 1,969
RichardDevine 16th August 2016

I'm considering adding some hardware synths to my home studio and would love your thoughts on recommended devices for first...

Melciah
replies: 5 views: 2,493
Valvalval 16th August 2016

Hi Richard, What are your favourite software applications for generative sound design? And how much of this technique features...

kiggunl
replies: 4 views: 1,298
Hardsinc_ 12th August 2016

Hey Richard I was just wondering if you do a lot of field recording and how your treating them in a session. Cheers &...

CCP
replies: 2 views: 1,220
Reptil 12th August 2016

Hi Richard, Could you give us some details on how you manage these two different activity ? For example : The time you...

Spip
replies: 3 views: 1,488
RichardDevine 5th August 2016

hi richard How does it feel to be the 'Jordan Rudess' of electronic music instruments ? Any new totally alien technology out...

gentleclockdivid
replies: 3 views: 1,437

If you were starting out now on your music path and had a limited budget (say U$3000), but had all the music, technology and...

classified
replies: 3 views: 2,065

When you start from scratch, which method do you like to explore mostly? My own list goes like this: Subtractive (more...

tribeofenki
replies: 1 views: 1,192

Hello Richard Devine , thanks for being here , sharing with us . I would like to know if you think that it could be...

dreamachine
replies: 1 views: 1,122

Any tips and/or tricks with a Jupiter 6?

wxyz
replies: 2 views: 773
wxyz 4th August 2016

Now a question I don't think anyone else is going to ask but I've spent a lot of time thinking about for myself: As a fellow...

Chaosnick
replies: 2 views: 937
Chaosnick 28th July 2016

Hey Richard, Thanks for taking the time to do this! I was just checking out your modular grid (again… :heh:), and it...

donglekong
replies: 2 views: 1,223
donglekong 26th July 2016

Hi Richard. Great forum here. What is your methodology for tuning before and during your modular sets? Thanks!

dudadius
replies: 1 views: 964
RichardDevine 26th July 2016

Could you talk a bit about how you use random elements in general and the Ladik R-110, which you mentioned in your DivKid...

mgscheue
replies: 2 views: 1,104
mgscheue 25th July 2016

Dear Mr Devine, What were the first steps you took in order to kick start a career in sound/music? With thanks, Reuben.

BigOneEye
replies: 4 views: 1,573
Reptil 24th July 2016

Hi Richard. Thanks for coming on here! Just wondering, have/do you use the Elektron Octatrack? If so, I'd love to hear how you...

Stevism
replies: 3 views: 1,884
RichardDevine 24th July 2016

Hi Richard, I've been a fan of Reaktor's 'Krypt' ensemble for many years. What is your favourite Reaktor beat creation...

kiggunl
replies: 2 views: 1,655
Reptil 24th July 2016

Hi Richard, I've seen on Instagram that you record impulses with a Zoom H6. Which other tools do you use to create a reverb?...

isaacMedina
replies: 2 views: 1,456
Matech 23rd July 2016

In a recent interview you said that your upcoming album will be "musically melodic". Will it be 'beatless' or ambient...

kiggunl
replies: 2 views: 655
kiggunl 22nd July 2016

How do you start the creative process? Are there specific things you do when you sit down to create? What do you find that can...

LBL2013
replies: 2 views: 1,001
LBL2013 22nd July 2016

Curious on what your thoughts were on these two programs. What are the things you love/hate about them? Where would you use one...

EsotericMetal
replies: - views: -
EsotericMetal 22nd July 2016

Hi Richard, I discovered your work thru a class I took on Coursera " Making music programming with Python" from...

Marquis Von lion
replies: 1 views: 1,251
RichardDevine 22nd July 2016

Thanks so much for doing this Richard! I notice in your live setup on ModularGrid that you don't have any attenuators. I feel...

shuchoco
replies: 1 views: 1,294

Hello Richard, thank you for your time. I have analogue gear: Rolands 707 727 202 101 606 :synth:bumpkin. does quality of...

knightlore
replies: 1 views: 1,124

Care to divulge (if you can recall) some of the process/tools involved in making this track? Bloody brilliant.

mt3
replies: 1 views: 988

Your music is powerful and I've always been in awe of your sound design and your compositions. My first thoughts of going...

Derp
replies: 2 views: 828
Derp 21st July 2016

I really dig your general placement and movement of sounds in your mixes. Cinematic isn't accurate to describe it, but it's at...

mt3
replies: - views: -
mt3 17th July 2016

Hi Richard! I'm curious about how you prepare your live show. Do you write notes like 'patch a cable from lfo to osc A pitch...

erazedfx
replies: 2 views: 1,154
erazedfx 16th July 2016

Hey Richard, thanks for doin this Q&A! I´m curious about your first contacts with abstract music. When did this happen...

rRizk.
replies: 1 views: 1,032
RichardDevine 16th July 2016

Years 2016 Many software and big sample rate and bit depth. Plz compare with hardware

toofanstudio
replies: 1 views: 1,635

Hi Richard, what's your favourite module or outboard to process drum machines ? something to give some grit or saturation to...

lore
replies: 1 views: 1,469

For people who don't know.. Richard Devine is not only overwhelmingly talented, but additionally is just an all around impressive...

aeroc
replies: 2 views: 1,201
aeroc 16th July 2016

What was your contribution to Muthafunky Mick Gordon's waterfall wet dream, Doom 2016? If your NDA doesn't allow you to at...

mt3
replies: 2 views: 1,267
mt3 14th July 2016

Hi Richard, what are your sample rate settings? if you work 88 or 96, how do you deal with downsampling? In my experience I have...

andres_feret
replies: 2 views: 1,085
andres_feret 14th July 2016

Hey, Richard. Are you aware of any good polymetric sequencers that can be used as plugins in Logic? I'm in love with the clever...

Melciah
replies: 2 views: 1,222
Melciah 13th July 2016

Hello again Richard :) I was wondering if you could recommand some physical modelling synths that I could check out later and...

Valvalval
replies: 2 views: 1,303
Valvalval 13th July 2016

Hi Richard, Thanx for the opportunity to ask you some questions! I saw on Facebook a few days ago a picture you posted of a...

benoïde
replies: 1 views: 1,384
RichardDevine 13th July 2016

Hello - do you have any favorite EQ, Compressor, Limiter, and Distortion plugins that you always find yourself reaching for?...

Ditherman
replies: 1 views: 1,458

Hi thanks for doing this Q&A, When you work on a song, do you work "serially" where you start with composition,...

Crims
replies: 1 views: 1,292

Any quick shoutouts to books/documents/manuals for synth patches that you found to be enlightening or illuminating?

mt3
replies: 3 views: 1,487
Reptil 12th July 2016

Hello Richard, First, thank you for doing this. I took some time to thought about what I could ask you because you share your...

Valvalval
replies: 3 views: 1,587
Valvalval 12th July 2016

qebrus Valance Drakes Vaetxh Anyone else out there blowing minds that you want to give a spotlight to?

mt3
replies: 3 views: 879
Accent 12th July 2016

Hi Richard, What do you most use the Shapeshifter for? Thanks!

sawtooth
replies: 2 views: 1,176
mt3 10th July 2016

Hey Richard ! Can you make beats like this on a Make Noise Shared System only? Or would that be...

sawtooth
replies: 1 views: 1,226
RichardDevine 10th July 2016

I've noticed you have an affinity for the pen and paper patch documentation approach. Wondering if you had any tips/tricks for...

mt3
replies: 1 views: 1,029
RichardDevine 10th July 2016

Hi Richard, not sure if this Q&A is still open but if so am glad! Your videos and descriptions have been by far the most...

guerillary
replies: 2 views: 1,247
guerillary 9th July 2016

Richard, I, like presumably many others, study your Current Live Setup on ModularGrid to understand good module choices to...

cliffemu
replies: 3 views: 1,124
RichardDevine 8th July 2016

Hey richard, When you sit down to compose a song, what is the first thing you typically do? Drums first? a chord progression or...

SpookSound
replies: 1 views: 1,316
RichardDevine 7th July 2016

Hi Richard, Are you excited by the current advancements of virtual reality such as the Oculus Rift in relation to music...

kiggunl
replies: 1 views: 1,094
RichardDevine 7th July 2016

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search