The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Presets Vs Sound Design
Old 16th July 2016
Here for the gear
Presets Vs Sound Design

Hi Richard,

I discovered your work thru a class I took on Coursera " Making music programming with Python" from "Georgia tech". Using "EarSketch" It was a lot of fun... One piece I programmed, just by using your samples.
"OldMan Dubstep". Very raw, mixing is something I lack ;>).
<moderator edit: sorry I had to remove your soundcloud link, please repost here? thanks!>
Anyway my question is, with all the presets available ,I'd rather spend my time making music and leave the sound design to the pro like you, who have so much equipment made for that purpose. I understand that making your own sound can be very exciting, At the end what matters is making music, :>).

What's your take on this ?

Thanks

Last edited by Reptil; 17th July 2016 at 04:32 PM.. Reason: link
Old 22nd July 2016
Gear Head

Hello thanks for the message here, wow so great your using "EarSketch" that was a really fun project to work on. Also thanks for the link to your track will give it a spin now.

Well, I look at it this way, there are people who get a new synth and erase every preset and start from scratch to get their sounds. Then there are people who will just use the factory loaded presets and that is totally fine. I think either approach is great, as the most important thing is the end result, the song, or composition you create. How you got there or what you used is not really important, at least its not to me. I love making all my own sounds for most of my own songs, but that is not to say that is right or correct way, there really is no right or wrong, just go with what makes you the most happy :-)
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search