The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
hardware vs software in your opinion!?
Old 7th July 2016
Gear Addict

hardware vs software in your opinion!?

Years 2016
Many software and big sample rate and bit depth.
Plz compare with hardware
Old 16th July 2016
Gear Head

Hello thanks for the message here. In terms of hardware vs software. I would say that I am bit of a 50/50 person. I create and mix down both in the analog/digital realm. I have a few digital and all analog synthesizers and drum machines. I think each has its own flavor and color to add to a project. In terms of high sample rates, I usually record everything at 24/96khz. My setup is pretty simple, I use an Apollo 16 going into a Dangerous Music 2Bus LT, then the stereo mix goes into a Avalon 747SP. I love the Universal Audio/Fabfilter plug-ins for little tweaks on my channel inserts. So its a bit of a hybrid setup, trying to take advantage of both worlds. I think there are some wonderful options available now in 2016. I am really looking forward to upgrading my D/A convertor from the older DACST to the 2-Convert by Dangerous Music, and I also plan to upgrade to the 2Bus + with new coloration options.

I am not an expert on what sounds better, I just use what I have found that works for me. I have also done lots of in the box mixes on the go on my Macbook Pro. I just love the BrainWorX, McDSP, and Fabfilter plug-ins for this. I honestly think that you can get great results going either way, if that is what your asking. I am not biased to work one way or the other. :-)
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search