The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
virtual modular system
Old 4th July 2016
Gear Nut

virtual modular system

Hello Richard Devine ,

thanks for being here , sharing with us .

I would like to know if you think that it could be possible to re create some kind of your entire hardware modular system in the box today .

With the evolution of reaktor and the release of softube modular for example , which could be the best way to re create with software and be able to access entire functionalities with midi controller and / or touchscreen pc like in real life .

Thanks for your vision of sound and music .

Keep on the nice work !
Old 5th August 2016
Gear Head

Thank you very much for the message here. I honestly think sonically you could get something close with Reaktor and Softube, however I think you will still lack the instant physical interaction even when using a midi controller/touch screen PC setup. I have used both Reaktor and Softube with multiple controllers and a Microsoft Surface Book touch screen, but still feel a disconnect in comparison to using the real thing. I feel you can still get faster results with the hardware in that you can make dozens of adjustments, and tweaks in a matter of seconds over the software.

You can also use stackable cables, and create feedback chains, which can also be done in the software but takes much longer to setup. I got back into using modulars because I was tired of looking at the screen after 14 hour days, and needed to take a break. Working hands on with modular has been very therapeutic for me in many ways, in that I just use my hands and listen. I feel when working with my computer I often make decisions based on what I see rather then what I am hearing. I feel it can be deceiving at times, because you should always be using your ears :-)
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search