The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Programmable modules
Old 3rd July 2016
Gear Nut
Programmable modules

Richard,

I, like presumably many others, study your Current Live Setup on ModularGrid to understand good module choices to make music similar to your live style.
The Nebulae and Equation Composer have been in your live rack for a very long time. Could you please tell us what programs you have been using mostly in these two modules and explain what they do?

Thank you.

-Cliff
Old 5th July 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffemu View Post
Richard,

I, like presumably many others, study your Current Live Setup on ModularGrid to understand good module choices to make music similar to your live style.
The Nebulae and Equation Composer have been in your live rack for a very long time. Could you please tell us what programs you have been using mostly in these two modules and explain what they do?

Thank you.

-Cliff
Sorry to hijack this thread but could you please post the modgrid link?
Old 8th July 2016
Gear Head

Hi Cliff, thank you for the message, yes you are correct I have been using the Qu-bit Nebulae and Equation Composer for a while now. I love both of these modules as they offer a lot of flexibility within a live situation. Lets start with the Nebulae, which can be a granular sampler player capable of audio files up to 9 minutes. I often use this for playing out longer drones, or just adding in a light scattered noise layer to some of my modular patches. I have different USB drives that have 10 or 20 different samples that I use during the coarse of my show. I also have two or three USB sticks that contain Csound instruments from the Qu-bit online library. In particular the Polyphonic Oscillator, GENDYN, Plucked Patterns, and Morphing FM. I also use the single shot mode on the Nebulae to trigger 8 different drum samples in two parts of my live show. As you can see this module offers a lot in terms of different things it can do, which is one of the reasons why I have been using it live. :-)

The Equation Composer module by Microbe Modular is a wonderful module that is based around the Arduino Due processor. There is a USB jack on the front and you can update the firmware or change the internal programs. The Arduno Code is also modular, in that you can setup various software "Modules" to be strung together into program, that can act like individual synths. I am currently using a combination of the factory and 4 custom programs that I worked on with Bret Truchan. These programs are tailored to work with my current live show. What is great is that you also have the ability to CV control through all the programs, and at the same time CV modulate the parameter controls at the same time. You can get endless glitchy noisy sounds that at times sound like broken fax machines to Raster Noton style drums. Its incredibly flexible, and has remain in my system because of this :-)
Old 8th July 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progmatic-Studios View Post
Sorry to hijack this thread but could you please post the modgrid link?

sure here is a link to my system on Modular Grid:

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/39699
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search